10'0" board for prone surfing health issues

Got this for my brother’s rehab from open heart surgery early next year

10’x24"x3.25" surflight hybrid llongboard ankle snappers to 2x overhead the urethane polypropelene exterior should be nice and comfy for the scar I hope. 

Its what brothers do I guess

1 2

Roger;

I’ve shaped two boards for a “proner” here in Cali.  He’s a Iraq vet.  Anyway, here’s what he liked and I have seen him catch a lot of waves on it.  Nose is 17 1/2, width is 22 7/8. Length is 9’8".  Tail is a rounded pin with a 2 + 1 set-up.  Nose rocker natural, 5".  Tail 3 1/2 with vee.  On the first one we went with a single, board washed out tail wise on hollower waves even when they were small.  Rails were important also.  50/50’s had no bite, so when he wanted to climb up a bit, the board just stayed at the bottom of the wave.  We went with down rails thru the middle and hard in the tail and he can now “grab rail” and climb up to the pocket any time he wants so he is doing “arcs” down the line and says it’s really fun.  There are a different set of problems when proning on longboards as that is a lot of board to keep from pearling.  With your experience, you should be able to figure out how to do that!  From one old fart to another…LOL  just my 2c

dude - so stoked for you!

I came back 4 years ago (at age 54), after 23 years away from surfing, been getting out almost every day lately, so happy to be back in the lineup, you will be too.

I am not a prone boarder, but there are a few guys here who are into it, and know their stuff.  My only advice, and its obvious you already know this, is go for the wave count.  It took me awhile to figure out that is priority one when choosing a board to get back into surfing after some time away, especially if age and health issues have taken their toll.

Forgot…the board is EPS. RR epoxy. Single fin