80's Board 5'9" Sunline

hey everyone,

i just picked this up off of Craigslist for $100. i’ll post dims later when i can get the tape measure out.

it’s in really good shape. the foam is still white! couple of dings need to be fixed and the tail needs to be

re-repaired but overall, i’m stoked! any info would be appreciated. there is no shaper’s signature just the

number 1166 or it could be 9911 on the deck by the stringer. this board reminds me of the

hand-me-down boards that i began surfing on. can’t wait to get it into the water and also to use it for

inspiration for future builds. i’m thinking fish blanks would be good for this kind of board. anyways…

edit: by the way, those are channels where the yellow stripes are on the bottom. i’m also diggin’ the double

bump outline with the width pushed way back kinda McCoy-esque.

I also have an old Sunline

its 5.5 twinie

Ive had it in storage since 82

I had my hands on an 80’s 7’6" or 8’ (dont remember the length) Sunline mini log

Both boards had the name BECKER writen on them along with ser #

heres the 5’5" twinie

Spring of 2011 the 5'9" Sunline got donated to The Low Tech Lab....

We fixed the tail and all the rail dings. Ran a strip of cloth over the stringer on the deck. Lots of people rode the board at Swaylock's Big Sur 2011. I almost gave the board away...nope...ChrisP you need to ride this one....

maybe this spring at SanO

Ray

here’s a late 70’s  Sunline surfboard i picked up back in 1990…single fin.  Becker engraved in the foam along the stringer…picked it up for a whole whopping …  $8.

Nice score! You’re stoked!

[quote="$1"]

hey everyone,
i just picked this up off of Craigslist for $100. i'll post dims later when i can get the tape measure out.
it's in really good shape. the foam is still white! couple of dings need to be fixed and the tail needs to be
re-repaired but overall, i'm stoked! any info would be appreciated. there is no shaper's signature just the
number 1166 or it could be 9911 on the deck by the stringer. this board reminds me of the
hand-me-down boards that i began surfing on. can't wait to get it into the water and also to use it for
inspiration for future builds. i'm thinking fish blanks would be good for this kind of board. anyways...

edit: by the way, those are channels where the yellow stripes are on the bottom. i'm also diggin' the double
bump outline with the width pushed way back kinda McCoy-esque.

[/quote]

Love those 80's outlines, simple but effective, specially in smaller waves. I had 2 of them, but they were a little too small for me ( the ones i see are always 5'8ish).