Acrylic for touchup over-polished gloss...

I thought I heard someone say here that an acrylic spray finish or acrylic floor wax can be used to touch up a gloss surface. I have a few small areas on a new gloss finish board that appear to have been over sanded/ polished, and show just a little weave of the glass. Can acrylic finish floor wax or something else be used for a quick and safe fix, other than carefully reglossing these little “weavers”?

I thought I heard someone say here that an acrylic spray finish or acrylic > floor wax can be used to touch up a gloss surface. I have a few small > areas on a new gloss finish board that appear to have been over sanded/ > polished, and show just a little weave of the glass. Can acrylic finish > floor wax or something else be used for a quick and safe fix, other than > carefully reglossing these little “weavers”? G …you’re best to use a spray “clear” acrylic like Krylon.Apply a few coats lightly …wetsand,and then polish with a mild car wax.The big key here is to NOT OVERHEAT the spray because it gets soft and gummy easily/FAST!!!The results are great if you do it right,it should be for the most part match perfectly/invisible,with you burns covered.Herb…PS…IF YOU WIPE THE SURFACE OF YOUR BOARD WITH A SOLVENT(chiefs,acetone,paint thinner,etc)THE ACRYLIC WITH GOO,AND WASH OFF EASILY.

G …you’re best to use a spray “clear” acrylic like > Krylon.Apply a few coats lightly …wetsand,and then polish with a > mild car wax.The big key here is to NOT OVERHEAT the spray because it gets > soft and gummy easily/FAST!!!The results are great if you do it right,it > should be for the most part match perfectly/invisible,with you burns > covered.Herb…PS…IF YOU WIPE THE SURFACE OF YOUR BOARD WITH A > SOLVENT(chiefs,acetone,paint thinner,etc)THE ACRYLIC WITH GOO,AND WASH OFF > EASILY. I use a commercial cut in automotive clear (Dupont) acrylic laquere. I keep a jamb gun filled with it. Laquere is one of the hardest man made finishes, it polishes up great and can be bended into a polester finish. Scuff the area with steel wool or scotch brite, blend in 5 or 6 wet coats of laquere, wet sand out and polish. It is so much easier than trying to gloss patch where a burn has occured. I have had to stop the crew at Channin’s from re-sanding boards of mine that have been rubbed through (a re-sand will never be as light) They keep telling me that it can’t be done with laquere.

I use a commercial cut in automotive clear (Dupont) acrylic laquere. I > keep a jamb gun filled with it. Laquere is one of the hardest man made > finishes, it polishes up great and can be bended into a polester finish. > Scuff the area with steel wool or scotch brite, blend in 5 or 6 wet coats > of laquere, wet sand out and polish. It is so much easier than trying to > gloss patch where a burn has occured. I have had to stop the crew at > Channin’s from re-sanding boards of mine that have been rubbed through (a > re-sand will never be as light) They keep telling me that it can’t be done > with laquere. I also use laquere, seems to work just great.

I also use laquere, seems to work just great. Yeh, what do we know?