AKILA AIPA and ProBox LARRY R&D new fin line

Hi Guys, Just thought I would share some fin designs and board set-ups that Akila and I have been working on for the last few months. Will posts some pics soon.

Mahalo,Larry

I also wanted to mention the board is a Quad Fish and the fin line includes Twin fins, Tri fins and Quad fin set-ups. Mahalo,Larry

So are you in Hawaii now?

Hi surfding, I wish I was in Hawaii right now! But no, still here in Calif. with alot of people showing up from all over the world who stop by my factory before going to ASR to see what I have new.

Me and Akila have been going back and forth with fin designs and board placements for Quads for awhile. Akila sent me a Fish Quad awile back, he shaped and was riding in Hawaii to retro fit ProBoxes to where I thought the fin placement should be that he’s going to ride on his surf trip.

Akila and I spent a couple hours yesterday going over some things before he left on his surf trip to Scorpion Bay. Akila is loading up his boards that I picked up at Delta Air last Thurs. from my factory in Torrance. Here’s a pic of Akila at my place in Torrance loading the boards into and on top his truck (4 Runner).

Now surfding, I have some CAT FISH to take care of this week for some friends in Costa Mesa.

Mahalo,Larry

Here’s a pic of the Quad Twin Akila was riding, testing the feel and placements. Will have pics of fin templates with sizes soon.

Mahalo,Larry

Larry,

Nice board. I remember the first board Akila shaped. Someone had started on a blank at the old Town and Country factory and left it. I do not think Ben even knew that Akila had appropriated the blank. It actually came out well for a first shape. Akila was so proud of his first shape, and was so pleased to show it to me. He rode it at a contest at Queen’s and I think that he was the only contestant riding a board that they personally shaped. When you talk to him again, please, ask him if he remembers that board. Good to see he stayed with the shaping art and to see his progression.

Looking forward to seeing the fins.

Hi Puamana, I will give Akila the message on his way back up from the Bay in a couple of weeks. I am sure Akila will answer you personally here when he’s back home.

You are right about Akila having the touch. He’s pretty gifted for his age in all areas, surfing,shaping and has a big heart. Very in tune with his equipment.

Thanks for sharing that story, great one. Mahalo, Larry

hey Larry,

don’t forget about the catfish you gotta take off for the folks over here … as well old boy !!!

W

PS Post them pic’ssssss … pronto !!!

Thanks Larry!

You seem to be having some fun. I look forward to trying some of your set-ups.

SD

Hi Puamana, I pulled this pic that Akila posted from Surfermag to show his board and fin selection. Will post fin outlines after I take measures for everyone here and perpare the pics to post.

Mahalo,Larry

Just saw this; those are killer Larry. I think I might want a set some time in the nearish future.

Seriously…I’m about to jump on that high performance twin bandwagon.

Quote:

Just saw this; those are killer Larry. I think I might want a set some time in the nearish future.

Seriously…I’m about to jump on that high performance twin bandwagon.

One of the best twins I ever had was shaped by his pop. That thing was a beast, but so loose and held in so well.