all-wood 9.5" center fin with 4 bonzer side fins shaping ATTEMPT " )

great clean work on that composite fin, mike! i like how you were able to glue up that semi-circular portion with the thin, even glue line-- it’s superclean! for now my rudimentary woodworking skillset can only do straight-edge fin blank glue-ups hehe 

cheers,

as i wanted to make sure the triple-knot grain pattern on both sections showed up in the final cut, i didn’t add the bright yellow antipolo strips anymore :

i’m cutting the panel tonight at ace hardware where i can use a skil jigsaw for free hehe

it wasn’t a breeze. the 4 rosewood bonzer side fins were easier to cut last year as the cut angles weren’t as complicated. with this narra blank i had to make sure the remaining pieces were still of usable size. shaping starts once i’m done fairing the rails of my HWS-plant fiber hybrid and glassing the entire thing. 

norris, it looks like the pinoy-sun motif won’t be able to make it on the fin, even if it fits. this will have to do hehe 

cheers,

hmm seems like the narra fin blank with built-in stringer flex has failed the customer’s expectations this early hehe " )

this solid 2’ x 8.5" x 1" stair tread salvaged off a jobsite 2 blocks up the road from my place should fare better :

not sure what kind of local hardwood it is but its shavings smell like an addictive cross between cinnamon and incense. will this do, norris? 

That looks amazing Raul!  I wish the computer was scratch and sniff.  Anybody else like to wander the lumber yard smelling all the wood? My dad used to drop us off at church and go to the local lumber store. He called it his church.