another fiber resin application questions

hey rider of waves

this one im seriously consider making with the modified remote, wired to be controled with reed switches

http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/pdh/housing/MKIII-build/index.html

he gives full instructions to make one

there is a few other around as well but basically in the same sytle

To me, having the proud feeling of making a housing for your camera wouldn’t weigh up against the anxiousness of worrying if it works or will have a good life time…

If its just a surfing shallow water casing then yeah ok… but i couldn’t think of much worse than being down 40m and watching water trickling into your expensive digital / film camera because of a home made housing… for the peace of mind and reliability i’d just fork out the money…

I think for a normal digital camera like a Canon Powershot A95 or something… its say $AUD300 for a housing?

Underwater camera definately worth the money…especially if its slow mo footage of urchins attacking pawl…

Money is just ink on paper…

A

mine would be a shallow water and i would definetly be running some test first(luckily i am aguard at the local swiming pool so i can easily have access to the deep end for testing

…And maybe if you start off / practice , by buying a cheap second hand video camera at a swap meet or pawnbrokers / ebay …

ben

actually lavs

that housing design has been used to 80 odd meters

ive heard that alot of entry level housing are notorious for leaking

so you really need to spend big moolah for reliability

theres a?@soft silicon one available in the UK thats pretty cheap and supposed to be awesome

i think a well designed home made is better than a cheap sony housing for example

also . cameras are out of date so quickly you cant get a stock housing for a camera after a couple of years,let alone parts for it.

speaking of urchins

ive had a spike lodged and broken at about 1cm deep in my heel for the last month

my heel wont heal

not to mention the other three spikes that have been in there for 4 to 6 month

Don’t make me come to knew zeeland and kick your ass paul… :wink:

only my opinions matter :wink: haha… well its all bs anyways

Yeah with those urchins theres not a lot you can do when they break off…

when diving in greece, used to get small tips broken off in my feet / legs / knees…

best thing we did was have a warm bath to open up skin and pores … soak in olive oil for a while… rub it in… try and lube / pinch / press that sucker out

How you getting urchins in you anyways ? and didn’t you learn the first time …

Ant