Bert's Vacuum Bag & Other Documents Here, Thanks to Oneula

Oneula was kind enough to send Bert’s vacuum bag documents and files and I put them in a zip file here for anyone to grab.

http://bit.ly/1t6LCEq - it is a zip file with all the docs hosted on my personal site and is about 30mb, so it’s not tiny. you’ll be asked to download the file. download it to your computer, open it and you’ll see the Word docs w/ photos and a couple text files.

hopefully this helps out. ultimately they could be put into a web-friendly format so the zip file and download aren’t needed, but since they’re not my files, i don’t really feel comfortable taking it to that step.

Inside the zip file are the following

Barnfield Does Rail Bands.doc

barnfield chronicles.doc

how to make wooden fins.doc

Bert on Flex.txt

Bert on Bottoms.txt

Bert Chronicals.txt

Bert Burger Portfolio.doc

Bert Burger Vacuum Forming & Sandwich Construction Thesisl.doc

Gordof, Oneula, bert Burger …Thank you for the post!

Have you seen the you tube “your own shaper event” ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SJixeU_nkM

regards

J

interesting presentation, pretty recent

you can tell Bert’s been mowing for for awhile

I think he’s still leaving out allot especially his “pre-treatment” of his wood planks/skins prior to the build.

I keep thinking about Bufo when I hear the shop guy speak, yah

What a great resource! Mahalo.

Thanks Gordof, Oneula and Bert.

It took 5 attempts, but I eventually got it downloaded. Lovely to have access to these informative ideas again. Bert’s Vacuum Forming & Sandwich Construction thread started me on the slippery slope of assembling blanks. Now I can look again and see all the newbie mistakes I’ve been making.

Red

thank you !

Thank you gordof!

Hi, could not find the documents on the link you posted. Is there other way I could get those documents? thank you.

I have the file saved. If you or anybody else needs it, let me know. I’ll need an email address.

Monkstar1, sent a pm with email, thanks for sharing Bert’s files!
out of all the shared information on Swaylocks, his posts keep me looking at projects
from new perspectives.

Pm’d you…thx, have fun…

I sent emails out to those that PM’d me. It’s from a free service called wetransfer.com and will come to your emails. The file will expire in 7 days. Enjoy!

I had the Oneula Bert Berger vacuum bag/forming, sandwich construction and other miscellaneous Berger files saved too. Oneula saved them as MS Word files. It is easy to convert Word files to PDF Files.
The new forum format allows PDF attachments.
I converted the Berger files to PDF and attached them to this post.
I did the same with Oneula’s Barnfield files too.
Anybody should be able to download them from this thread now.
“Onward Thru the Fog.”

Here is the wooden fin tutorial from Bert Berger as a PDF file.

Thank you for doing that Stoneburner. Much appreciated. A trove of info.