best noseriders

im looking to buy another longboard. the one i have now is a big heavy cruiser which rides pretty well on the nose but seems to slow down a tad…it has minimal rocker (nose and tail) and no nose concave. I was wondering which brand makes a good solid nose rider to buy as my second long board

lots of people make great noseriders…some just go about it in different ways.

Lance Carson Power Glide. 310 459-1159.

Sounds to me like you have a noserider. Concave is certainly not a requirement. Noseriding - at least all the way up at the front 18" or so - is a stalling maneuver. Its supposed to slow you down a little, to let the board settle back into the curl. Your speed spot is behind there a bit - just forward of center, usually.

Aloha! I used to have, or at least use, a Surfboards Hawaii noserider model. The thing was 9-6, and the bottom was completely flat in the nose, with turned down rails up there. I remember that board feeling like riding a skimboard when up on the end of it. That slippery sensation was a lot different than normal concave nose. Aloha…RH

have a '65 hansen competitor which is also flat with hard turned down rails in the nose and it flys when perched on the nose. locks right in love that board

All of the surftechs are superior noseriders…I would get one of those, whichever one you like best. I hear they have one coming out called; “The big whammy.” Flat in the nose, vee in the middle and concave in the tail. If you actually make it to the nose, it’s has a midi chip built in with that will play the theme for endless summer. It’s fin is called the Spira Jira and is designed to not only noseride well, but also look the absolute best when sitting upon surfracks when being driven around town when the surf it flat. Has a flashing beacon on the tip to draw attention. It can also be broken down and turned into a porta poddy when camping on those far and away surf trips and Comes with it’s own brand of Surftech cleaner called shitech.

solosurfer, we are trying to help. You on the other hand are not. Who said that surftec made a good nose rider. I did not, and I did not see any one else say that. It sounds to me like you need to come down off of what ever you are on.

Thou taketh thyself to serious. I on the other hand am kidding. As for noseriders: I like my Lance Carson and My Steve Forstall 10’ handshaped epoxy. Also, asking a question like, whats the best noserider is like hanging out in the hall during middle school debating who the prettiest girl is. If you can noseride very well at all…the board does not matter anyway.

Tequila is a nice drink. Bottoms up.

my vote is for austin’s “soul glide” at 10’…cuz he is NOT a small guy, and that thing looks to trim so nice and solid that ya could do jumping jacks on the tip.

Is that Austin 316?

Howzit Rightcoaster, One thing that makes for a good nose riding board is kicked tail rocker which drives the tail downwards which lifts the nose. Unfortunatelly this may slow the board down some what. Aloha,Kokua

Bing DN noserider. Con Ugly if you are into wide noses. Lance Carson new Power Glide is bitchen.

I second Bing boards, the noserider is classic, the Silverspoon is more progressive step deck/tail single fin that turns beautifully and the Gold Standard is a diamond tail combination of the noserider concave nose and the Silverspoon stepped tail. Matt Calvani is doing some great work at reasonable prices.

if you have the cash, look into a Tyler noserider, I have 2 and they are bombproof and fantastic boards

To summarize, Rich Harbour said it was weight and length were key.

http://p073.ezboard.com/fharboursurfboardsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=2946.topic

also hit up tom’s site good stuff on nose riding

http://www.tomwegenersurfboards.com/

The Cooperfish Device i hear is insane on the nose. Flat as a door, with tail kick and the bing fin.

Quote:

Thou taketh thyself to serious. I on the other hand am kidding. As for noseriders: I like my Lance Carson and My Steve Forstall 10’ handshaped epoxy. Also, asking a question like, whats the best noserider is like hanging out in the hall during middle school debating who the prettiest girl is. If you can noseride very well at all…the board does not matter anyway.

Well the prettiest girl is the one that will go out with me. I can noseride but just bearly, so I need all the help I can get. Oh ya I like Jack.

Tequila is a nice drink. Bottoms up.

and to top it off nobody has mentioned the tyler noserider which when locked in is a sidewalk of fun. it will noseride itself after you fall off.

Quote:

im looking to buy another longboard. the one i have now is a big heavy cruiser which rides pretty well on the nose but seems to slow down a tad…it has minimal rocker (nose and tail) and no nose concave. I was wondering which brand makes a good solid nose rider to buy as my second long board

The Wayne Rich Harmonic 67’, or the Pro Modified. Insane!

sorry if its got 3 fins it is not a nose rider. At least not in my book.