Best polish techniques around

####  Edited out of respect for other Sways members.  My sentiments remain the same.   He's the "Pope" after-all. 

I got a little nervous when I opened this thread. I thought you both were talking about me. I almost cried in a corner lol then I reread it.

Yeah my gloss isnt perfect its OK but not great to start hitting it with 360. I think I might let it kick a little faster. But if this next gloss comes out decent I’ll try hitting it with a finer grit. 

Im going to move the pad faster too I sometimes find myself slowing down around the nose and tail. 

…its not so bad slowing down on the nose and tail curvatures.

Its very important the pad softness.

I wonder if you start so heavy and go up to 1200 how do you not obtain several burns through

Ive heard a lot of guys start around 220. Thats why I did it. Plus I feel like the paper would gum up much more but for the sake of learning something I’ll do what you suggested reverb and start at a higher grit.

Where do you live? If you are in the San Diego area I have some stuff I could show you. Off line stuff. People on Swaylock's would all have heart attacks if they really saw all the bare hands handling I do with un-finished surfboards. Most people would also never belive just how good I can make your board look with floor finish. I learned it from Herb and never looked back......also...I watched a guy buff out a surfboard and most of my car background got tossed out the window.

If you buffed out the area with the stomp pad you wasted alot of time and effort. Buffers go round and round. They make swirls. You can't see the swirls outside...only under flouresent lights. Stop beating your self up.....

...and Mc Ding knows what he's talking about......................Ray

Ray Im out on the east coast, Long Island. Part of the superstorm surfing crowd lol. The only thing taken good from hurricane sandy was great waves for 2 weeks but I had to wager my home being destroyed.

I do appreciate the offer though, Ive surfed Mission beach a couple years ago. Beautiful spot you have over there with that boardwalk.

P.S. Im going to take a look at floor finish too because it seems to be popular on here.

Ray Im out on the east coast, Long Island. Part of the superstorm surfing crowd lol. The only thing taken good from hurricane sandy was great waves for 2 weeks but I had to wager my home being destroyed.

I do appreciate the offer though, Ive surfed Mission beach a couple years ago. Beautiful spot you have over there with that boardwalk.

P.S. Im going to take a look at floor finish too because it seems to be popular on here.