BIG Simmons from busted longboard?

If you want to see a more refined version of the mini-simm, Tyler Warren does a really good one.  He was one of Kenvin’s riders.  He uses a more subtle curve and a more efficient keel shape.   This one is 5-5 x 20.85"  For how Mini-Simms were intended to be surfed I would rank this variant as one of the best if not the best example.    

Gdaddy: thank you again for the wealth of information!  I’m gonna cut some keels out of a cutting board using some blending curves templates and do some thining out/removing thickness on that tail and report back!  So many options on keel height/shape to choose from!  Probably get around to it in a week or so.  

McDing: I was pretty supprised no one realized I was riding a snapped board till I told em lol.  I guess spray paint and wax can hide anything ;-)  I dunno where the other half of this thing is becuase I found it in a trash pile.  I figure someone else grabbed it for the fin boxes/plugs or it drifted out to sea.  Who knows?   Hopefully I’ll see someone surfing the other half some day!

I wouldn’t do anything else to the board until after you ride it with the keels.   Get a feel for what it does at that point before you do anything else.    This project is a learning exercise.  It’s going to end up looking ugly regardless of what you do.   

Cut up this old cutting board for some keels.  The saga continues…

Cut a vee tail shape not the bottom. Close with fg. 

Install those two big ol keels and surf it. Or even three fins lined up like Griffin does. Seen that? 

Nice work 

I’m having fun with you and I appreciate your sense of humor.  I got a guy up here in Oregon who is always bringing me snapped boards that he finds in trash cans at Short Sands and the Cove up here in Oregon.  He gets them for nothing of course; but expects me to put them back together for next to nothing.  Part of the reason that I am over ding repair.