Big Sur 2016 - Oct 15-16

The Trump pinata to the tune of mariachi music was hilarious… AHAHAHAAA!  The grub at ‘The Kids’ site was delicious!!

To everyone who came, new friends and old, and especially to the boys camp who threw the party of the year, thank you!

I think this is Brian on Chris P.s 9’7".

Sorry we didn’t make it.  You guys know for me it’s a family affair and the girl’s didn’t want to sit in the rain.  We met up with Sr. Pato in Ventura and got some really fun waves.  Next year can we try to make it for September? In the meantime more pics please.

So many friends didn’t make it because of the weather. Maybe a make up weekend in the spring at Jalama?  They take reservations now.

Hi Mark - 

That’s an idea.  My only concern with spring time at Jalama is the wind.  It sometimes blows like a son of a bitch there!

Mr. Mellor, it always blows like an s.o.b. there in the spring. West winds come up by 10 or 11 am. most days. That is one crazy section of coastline with the currents, weather, and offshore rock reefs. Scary place to boat around. It definitely is a demarcation line. North of Arguello is one thing, south of Conception is another. They don’t call it “Devil’s Jaw” for nothing.

We had the best swell yet. Plus no crowds- fire & rain. Fun fun…

It did not rain. It was not cold. Epic surf for those that dared… see you on the flip side.