Bill Stewart Skil

Beautiful job Mitch

Maybe sign it, too?

all the best

I went to college inUnion, NJ for Industrial Arts, in the mid seventies.  Force was the place to go to drool.  About 10 years ago I stopped by to see if they had any Skils and was told no.  They did say that they got calls from all over about them.

That’s some interesting history on Force.   Well if nothing else Stewart’s Skil has generated "Stimulating Conversation ".   Looks like ol’ Bill was trying to dress it up a bit.  The engraving makes it sort of an autographed copy.   I suspect that as years go by more of these Great Tools intended for one purpose, but adapted to a more suitable one, will become “Mantel Pieces”.

Hay Gene, thanks.

Add it to the Skil 100 data base.

If I recall this correctly

Was not one Dick Brewer given a Skil 100, polished and cristened

Thors Hammer, after Dick had crafted many “Pipeliners”

by one Bing Copeland…

Now that would bring some bucks

Only I don’t think Brewer would part with it…

It’s on there Mitch

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eQTh1BmOD6XSO_aF4b9CeYdPPtepzPcNFpEfqbE2Fqg

I see thanks. I have two other skils. Do you want me to send you photo of the SS#'s?

I recall seeing an ad of Brewer’s Skil gold plated or painted as such

You have 3 planers on there now.  If there’s more just pm the pictures.

Zero bids.  At $1080 or best offer.   In my opinion it is worth $1000 at least.  Any Skil owned and usedby a well known shaper is worth that to the right person.  I have done my bit on EBay in the form of “price support” with Skil Planers.  Any Skil 100 in working order without a broken shoe is worth $600 in value.  That doesn’t mean you won’t occasionally find one for less.  But the demand for them isn’t currently there.     Prices are hanging $600 and above due to previous demand.  They have not come down yet.  People still think they have got something they can get rich on.  John Mel once told me in reference to a completely refurbished and restored Skil that Pete had done for me;   “Who wouldn’t pay $1000 for a tool like that?”

$1000 on Craigslist

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tls/d/san-clemente-collectors-skil-100-planer/7089307174.html