Build Thread: 5 - 11 Lightwind Kitesurfer US Blanks blue

Ah yes I see what you are saying.  Vacuum bagging is starting to make more sense to me.

Yeah I do a tail patch over all three on Post Glass installs.  Easier than dealing with “footballs”.  My Post Glass installs are done on tints and opaques.  Painted blanks and clears are pre glass of course.

That nail trick is genius.  I have done Carbon decks on surfboards a few times and that little trick would have made life easier.  When you gloss or spray your Polyurethane finish coat;  filling the holes with flour works well.  That’s an old Sailboard trick.  I like using modeling clay or putty better though.  I am assuming you sail/surf that spot where the Elephants hang out(haul out).  Trying not to name names, but a decent surf spot.

It turned out nice Chris!  Don’t worry about minor cosmetics and don’t bother pointing out booboos that only you will notice. (Tip from famous guy Paul Jensen) Also, check out this high tech composite board - they make 'em look streaky on purpose.  https://www.hawaiiansouthshore.com/collections/kai-sallas-longboards/products/kai-sallas-the-slipper-90-carbon-baby-blue

Yes, that is one spot, but I surf/kite all up & down the coast from pismo  to the north.

Ride Report:

Light Winds came up yesterday & it gave me a chance to test the board out. When I designed this board, I was thinking of days when the wind was blowing 12 to 15 mph with waves.

When I arrived yesterday, it was blowing ~ 7-9mph. Not quite enough but I wanted to see what the “low end” of the board was so I rigged my largest kite & went out. Not enough so I slogged out & back in. At least I didn’t "sink. Later the winds built  up to ~ 12-14mph & I went back out. Man -this things a “rocketship”. Once on a plane it also pointed higher upwind than any board I’ve previously had. Coming back in i caught a little waist-high wave. I’ve never surfed a quad before. This thing was far looser than I expected. I’m going to need some time to get used to it.  I’m really excited & looking forward to the challenge. Overall, I think the board “works” as I designed it.

Fantastic! Love the sweet smell of success!

Lookin’ SWEET Bud!

I’ll keep an eye out for you on those windy days =)

It was ripping yesterday.

Hope you got some?

Thanks Chris,

Yeah, I got out yesterday. Felt great to get in the water (its been awhile) but the conditions were surprisngly not that good. The wind was what I call “Religious Ganja” (holey & puffey at the same time). Still- I got wet, so life is good!

Where’d you surf?

I watched a guy at PC on my lunch

Of course there were kites at PH and AB on my way home too

I kited A-Beach, but wish I had went to Old Creek (24th st.)