clark rockers in digital format...

i’ve been told about the guys doing machine shaped boards and how they have a catalog of clark foam rockers in a digital format. that way, they’re able to match up scanned boards to the correct blanks and not remove too much material off the deck. does anyone know if these files are available to the public? kirk

i’ve been told about the guys doing machine shaped boards and how they > have a catalog of clark foam rockers in a digital format. that way, > they’re able to match up scanned boards to the correct blanks and not > remove too much material off the deck. does anyone know if these files are > available to the public?>>> kirk I can’t speak for all of the machines, but for us (and most of the other shops I’m familiar with) it’s a bit simpler than that. What we do is use the program of the board we want to cut to mill a piece of wood with the rocker of that board, and then send the template to Clark to glue the blanks up to. This allows us to take very little off the deck (less than 1/16 if they get it right) which makes a stronger board, and allows us to get the maximum thickness out of a blank. Unfortunately for the hobbyist shaper, these are all private rockers, so you won’t be able to order them. We did experiment with trying to match our programs up with the stock rockers that Clark carries, but it’s just not precice enough for our needs. http://www.kklmachine.com