Coronavirus - affected your surfing, shaping, surfboard making?

Some California State Beach parking lots are already closed (gates locked).  This is causing people to congregate in greater numbers in those that are still open.  Many surfers are still clustering together jockeying for position at popular lineups and even at some lesser-quality breaks where there is plenty of room to spread out.

My guess is that this behavior will eventually give “the authorities” an excuse to lock up the lots that have thus far remained open.  Same old story: a few knuckleheads behaving in ways that will cause additional beach access limitations to be instituted for themselves and the rest of us.  Unfortunate.

There has evidently been one study done in Germany that indicates that the COVID-19 virus does not remain viable after passing through the human digestive tract.  This would suggest that at least seawater contaminated by sewage would not serve as a pathway of contagion.  However, this is only one study and it as not undergone peer review.

I’m trying to stay away from others in the water and have been “settling” for go outs at spots which offer mediocre-quality waves in order to do so.  Though not ideal, that still beats vegging out at home in front of the idiot box.

Sharkcounty.

My thoughts about 5G are similar to yours, have been reading both sides of the argument over the past few days.

It seems as though there is way too much we don’t know about the potential side effects and the big telcos want to roll it out as quickly as possible. 

Iran a country that has been badly hit by the virus also has 5G, due to their trade connections with China.

Another informative link

Joe Rogan interviewing Micheal Osterholm a virus detective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFhjMQrVts

Stay safe everyone.

200 years of human industrial revolution modify considerably our environment and way of life. So much quickly than human body immunity can’t adapt enough, human illness. our medicin progress quickly too, keep us living longer, thanks drugs you can fight your heart attack, you digestive chaos, your mental desease… And human run behind progress, consuming to operate the drug machine forgetting the truth and digging his hell…

I have an auto immune disease that destroy slowly my intestin for 25 years, they inject immunosupresor in my body every 2 weeks, it ll probably kill me… but not now… if i don’t cross the coronavirus…

Oh fuck ! i have to take some anxiolytics, it’ll go better… I want to take my car go surfing to my crowded beach then eat a burger in front of TV…

I think, we should follow  Martin Luther (not “King”):

“Even if the world would go down tomorrow, I would plant an Apple tree today” (I do not know, whether I translated it right)

In this sense, I spent some money yesterday and ordered a “Northcore Beach Basha Pro” Change Robe and some Neopren Gloves; my longboard is finished and I hope to be able to surf it in May, Corona permitting…

Bob Dylan - Murder Most Foul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NbQkyvbw18&feature=youtu.be

I used to be a photojournalist. Back in the 80s the US Dept of Health came to Honolulu to do a study of the radio waves that were bombarding the area near Ala Moana Center. There were at least 5 large TV and Radio towers in a 1 square mile space. The scientists found that there was quite a bit of RF signal but they didn’t have much to say about the negative effects. The guy would spoke to the media did say that the RF from the TV antennas had a similar effect to micro wave ovens, it slowly cooks us and we should drink a lot of water. THis was back when everything was analogue and not digital. The digital signal is saw tooth and the analogue was more sine wave.

There have only been a few scientists I’ve met that warned us about the dangers of radio waves, and they get hammered for telling their side of the story. Now we (pretty much) only have digital transmissions and I haven’t followed up on the differences in the signals effects on people. I have no idea what the satelites are bombarding us with.

Been fairly unmotivated to make surfboards for a while.  Coronavirus motivated me to panic buy a few things needed to make a couple of boards while we are in lockdown mode.

Everyone is wearing a mask around here and these boards aren’t going to sand and wash off themselves.

Also the CNC employees taking a well deserved break

Those Island Chickens are restless again heh.  I got thrirteen hens that are just about a year old.  They started laying in the fall.  Chickens don’t usually lay in the winter.  These girls have been doing 10–14 eggs every 24.   Got so many eggs I don’t know what to do.  Was selling a few dozen to a restaurant, but they closed due to the virus.  Lotta omelettes.

Learn how to make a Dutch Baby. Yum.

OK.  I give.  What’s a Dutch Baby.  I asked the cook, but she didn’t know.  Lowel

Search Results:

A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby pancake is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding.

-Wikipedia

I have to work as I’m part of the “Critical Infrastrusture”

Behind the scenes and not customer facng but still the same in a “concrete bunker” data center with 50-100 others in the same boat taking calls and trying to help.

I’m also very high risk around 65 with heart issues like my brother and recently diagnosed diabetic at the beginning of the year. So hand full of pills several times a day like others in my family.

I also have a 60+ year old sister and 90+ year mom at home so if I do come do with it or have to be quarantined I’ll have to find somewhere else to stay for 14 days maybe a “tent” in the back like some health care providers have been doing. Anyway based on the percentages if I get it I’m probably in the let die prognosis if it gets bad. As it doesn’t look like this thing is going away anytime soon, I have to mentally prepare for that moment which is kind of weird as I was looking forward to retirement soon which also looks postponed with what happenned to the economy.

The world has gotten pretty weird lots of panic as most business never prepared for working from home or having to fire or layoff all their staff. Lots of panic and anger from owners and big shots who never had to do the grunt work but now must actually pay the bills and payroll.

You learn allot about people in a time of crisis, lots of folks found reasons got doctors excuses of why they have to stay sheltered while others in worse shape put all that aside and put their responsibility to others ahead of themselves. I’m very proud of members of my team who find a way to come in everyday and not only tend to others but celebrate the experience.

Allot of businesses may not make it of this goes on through summer and the world will be signifcantly different when it does as this will leave a scar deep in everyone’s psyche going forward as many will be touched in one way or another by its effects human and economic.

Stay safe and do your best to make it through yourself as well as with all your friends and family but try and take care of those around you may not personally know who are in the high risk catagory and maybe very scared and feel isolated right now. It’s a societal changing moment that could go from something good to very bad with bad being having to make decisions that the old and weak must die because of our lack of preparedness.

They gotta sink the Bismarck.

And as we get throuh this, it should be “lessons learned”.   Two things to remember;  Follow the guidelines (this virus doesn’t do well when you wash your hands). And;  Don’t repeat rumor.  Recently I was told that a doctor had it in a Medical Clinic and had to notify patients to self isolate and watch for symptoms.  Same clinic I go to.  Rather than repeat that rumor, I called someone who worked at the clinic.  I was informed it was not their clinic, but instead a County Health Clinic in another part of the county 40 miles away…   Had I said something about it at the grocery store or the service station in my small town, I could have instilled panick and fear in others.  I’m not saying “mums the word”, but don’t repeat unverified info.  Don’t be a local CNN or MSNBC. (Aka MSLSD).

Bisquick or bismarck or both?

Hey Lowel, the big hen in the middle(jimmy) is a jungle fowl from the horse ranch and is almost 8 years old. Never laid a propper egg with an adequate shell. It does crow like a rooster in the morning which is not unusual for a hen to do. The other two are seabright bantams and they are getting 9-10 eggs each cycle. These are totally imprinted to our family and extremely tame. When laying eggs in our taken down christmas wreath by the front door they can be quite protective.

Sadly I am also seeing fear-mongering here in Florida.  And the usual political opportunists. And the news media is not helping either.  I see interviews on TV later reported in the media and wonder if the reporter was at the same interview.

It is disturbing to see that in the face of a crisis we can’t find a way to come together at least briefly.

I’m confident we will get through this, but it sure would be done more easily and faster if we were all on the same team.

All the best to you boys.  Can’t wait to get back in the water.

Whoa Huck! I hope you get better soon!

You gotta get on that senior hour at the supermarket.