Design History of..........................

@John…Good idea.

@phebus…I want Bill will speak up about the whole design of this fin. From Template to foil. I know he has mentioned it before and hopefully he will talk about it again here.

At this point I am someone who has been able to collect enough information through guys like Bill and other shapers to make fins of varying thickness and passing them along to test riders. My goal has been to make the fin they are currently surfing better by making the template they love in a thick foil.

Everyone of the test riders has come back and said that the thick foiled fin is superior to the tradition 3/8’’ thick foil.

Here is a text from a surfer in Hawaii who surfs a traditional longboard: “Fin works awesome. Rode it on my new christenson the last two days at pumping Queens. Turns good, holds on the nose even in critical sections. I’ll need to switch back to the 9.75” 4A to try and get a feel for the difference, since I didn’t ride it more than a few times in super meager conditions." He even went on to say that he thinks it doesn’t need to be chambered. He likes the added weight for counter weight when noseriding.

The fin pictured here is a 10’’ GG 4a template at 3/4" thick.

Dave

Hi Dave -
I really like the fin I purchased from you awhile back. It is a fairly ‘basic’ model with a swept back tip, fat foil, and the ball bearing things along the base tab. I caught some good waves on it this past winter and on my 16" wide tailed longboard it held good while offering a sense of maneuverability.
That fin is definitely a keeper! I haven’t taken it out of the board. I haven’t even moved it in the box. For a fin geek like me that’s saying something.