Dynamics - An Area Tool (And A Segue Into Design)

Still keeping an eye on this :smiley:

Do we all agree that area matters because of drag?

U-huh?

What about true area of contact and the lows (potentially) created under a large surface area?

How do those fit in.

Good discussion so far chaps.

Possibly predictable - Iā€™ll add my voice to Jankā€™s and Royā€™s. When will Kevin address/discuss the questions people are raising? Science please!

Roy knows - heā€™s fast!

Thanks for keeping it real!

Quote:

Do we all agree that area matters because of drag?

More or less! LOL

v

v

v

v

v

I think itā€™s quite clear that so far Kevin isnā€™t interested in doing anything besides rambling on by himself. He wonā€™t answer any questions asked about his theories, and behaves as if everyone would clearly agree with him if only we werenā€™t so stupid (thatā€™s what he means to say when he keeps saying weā€™d find the info in introductory textbooks and whatnot).

My hope is that he will realize that many of us are very educated and very experienced individuals who are interested in the subject but want him to clarify his positions and answer the potential flaws we have found in it.

Slimā€“your first paragraph I completely agree with, and the spirit of your post I find congenial and collegial, all things consideredā€¦ but I disagree with almost every point in your second paragraph! LOL

At that, weā€™re overqualified! Did you read my edited post above this a few? I had fun figuring out what his velocities would have to be to subsume/overwhelm/negate/cancel/render-impotent or inferior by a meaningful percentage - the influences we all know and love! As far as I can compute from what he says it does, it would have to exceed the waveā€™s beachward velocity, in the opposite direction, by something like 100% to negate the waveā€™s overall V, fulfill his theory of its value enabling us to deflect off it, and once it done flew over the crest, distorting the crestā€™s shape skyward, er, I donā€™t recall seeing that, but ah, anyway, once over the hump, it, disappears, reverses direction, or goes sideways

Sidewaysā€“did you see that? That wouldā€™ve been better if it would have been about NorCal breweries and certain budding relatives of the hop genus, but I digress.

Hey Squidink you Ockerly vun, may I publish your excellent cartoon on my Vebsite ?

Sanking you.

Baron Roy Von Usher-Stewart

:slight_smile:

PS All accents aside, your drawing is the proof of tunnel fin concepts that i have ben looking for.

HA! HA! Nica one.