fcs plug hole maker measurment drill please answer me pals

Hey what measurment of a drill thingy do i need to make a hole for an average FCS plug?

a 1 1/8" thingy is most appropriate.>>> Hey what measurment of a drill thingy do i need to make a hole for an > average FCS plug?

Yeppers on the 1-1/8" thingy.

I use multiple thingy(s) 1 1/8" hole saw with pilot bit 1 1/8" Forstner bit (assuming you are not purchasing the FCS tool kit) Scott/Ramon how do you guys do the plugs? with or without the FCS kit? TS>>> Yeppers on the 1-1/8" thingy.

Scott/Ramon how do you guys do the plugs? with or without the FCS kit? Second that question, I would also like to know… Muchas Gracias in advance ToddO

Scott/Ramon how do you guys do the plugs? with or without the FCS kit? Hi Tom, i don’t have the kit. i install before sanding the hot coat. i mark the plug center on the hot-coat and drill a pilot hole with a 1/8" bit, follow this with a hole saw and remove the little disc of laminate. i go in with a laminate trimmer size router with straight bit to remove foam to desired depth. i confess that i haven’t done the ‘H’ thing yet since i’ve been lazy and haven’t fashioned my own H tool (i think we’ve discussed this before). i set the plugs with a set of g-5s installed in them, using modeling clay as the hold-in-place agent. i haven’t had any failures yet, but i definitely acknowledge the superior bond one would get by doing the correct ‘H’ pattern install. regards, ramon

Tom…I have installed fcs plugs without the kit. I cut a hole in the laminate with a hole saw using an old hand drill {non electric} Then I remove the foam to the correct depth using a drimel tool. After that I go back in with the hole saw and by hand cut down to the bottom of the glass on top of the deck. Remove the hole saw and clean the cut with a nail or drill bit. Shop vac out the hole and you have an “H” type set up. Seems to work and doesn’t take a lot of time.

Herb, Did you ever get a chance to try out those Red X X-4’s? If you want a really bullet proof fin system I guarantee you can not beat Red X. I just got back in from Lowers on the McCrystal Bonzer. That board is super loose. But, it does like a bit more juice.