Finished... Funky blunt nose asym beast from a stripped twisted mal

Well done. It looks fantastic. I have actually started another board due to seeing this one take shape, which is a rare occasion for me.

Thanks buddy, and thanks for not commenting on my bad marking skills on the quad set up. Still dont know how i stuffed it up. but i just looked at it against the wall and was like, "that line is WRONG!!!

That my friend is the best thing I have heard/read on here in ages, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

At 5’4" I’m going a full foot shorter than I ever have before with this (I’m 6’2" and 90kg). It is sized to fit across the rear compartment of my car with the back seats folded down.

From a slab of XPS it will be 3" thick and 21" wide, with nose and tail dimensions of at least 18" (I’ll see where the outline curve takes me from the wide point). I intend to leave the top completely flat and just chamfer down along the outline edge, where required, to get the rail thickness I need.

RDM I would definitely be interested in a build thread if you haven’t gotten too far along with the build.

Don’t worry. I’m not too far along. I haven’t done anything since the photo I posted. If I run a build thread in real time I will bore you to tears with the pace of it. But I intend to take photos along the way and can post them all in one hit once I’m finished if you would like. 

Just came across your post here on your Assym. I’ve always been interested in the concept and wanted to try one but never knew where to even begin. Think you’ve come up with a beautiful shape here and really looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Hahah, are you suggesting that my build thread, is boring. Still have not come back to them yet. Stuff gets in the way.

Don’t worry, yours is happening at lightning speed compared to what mine would. Stuff always gets in the way of us backyarders, it can’t be helped.

Been reading and lurking.  Like Huck said; cleaned up nicely.  Fantastic for what you started with.   You definitely are the “Something from nothing” guy.

Thanks man, in the nicest possible way, i feel like a kid who just got a gold star from the teacher, I have always thought highly of your opinions and work in general. 

Cant wait for an opening in life to get into glassing this one and the other thats at the same stage.

Yew!

Couple of pics from yesterday, the stressful part of any build, routing the fin boxes in, especially when you know you have a mistake in the marking, made sure I cut that one out first and yes I did line it up with the correct mark, Pwhew!

I had a recycled set of 9 degree FCS for the fronts and needed some rears. Scrounged through the pile of donated bits and pieces and this tail end of a DHD had some 3 degree ones in there. So out with the high speed drill. Its funny if I went around the plug anti clockwise the bit naturally held tight to the outside of the plug. Made it an easy cut.

Used the dremel to sand down the glass on the top for the first time, hopefully this means I get a good bond across the top, I have not bothered with this before and never had an issue but we will see how it goes.

Cleaned up the rest of the 3 degree ones today but no pics.

Set the fins in both the current projects yesterday.

The two plus one I used a set of 5 degree for the twin.

Would have loved a set of 5 degree for the quad rears but I only had a 3 degree set and with the way they sit in the concave I had to sit them a little sketchy in the route and they are almost 0 degrees compared to the board, But that s all good.

I helped a neighbour do a repair on a log this arvo and got a few paints out for a signature brush acrylic paint and metho artwork. A bit bummed I didn’t have a better red here at home.

This was meant to be a kinda wound, representing the struggles aboriginal humans have endured for 240 year at the hands of us. But the red came out pink. But if you don’t focus on the originalnintent it kinda looks interesting either way. 

We all bleed the same colour. 

There should be more compassion in the world.

You got that right. 

Keep up the good fight Adam. 

Amen Adam!

Thanks man. You stay safe over there.

Added some red to the pink red in the centre.

Did a pattern on the top.

Something from nothing.  A nondescript longboard becomes something unique.  Good work on that thing.  I was following you closely thru the foil.  You cleaned it up like a pro.  Asym’s are not my thing and never have been.  Like I told wideawake about those 50lb fin on the tailblock retros;  “Not my ride”.  But that doesn’t take away from your ability to do a nice job.

1 Like

Thanks brother. 

This thing will hopefully be good for average surf, low rocker lots of lift and the asym is about driving from the front of the fin cluster on the toe side and carving from the rear ofnthe cluster on the heal side and not moving the fot up and back much.

Lamed the bottom today.