First board on XPS how do you see it?

Man this thing looks rad. Congrats!

I’m almost finished with it, tonight I will take some pictures and upload!

Finally…

The board is “finished”. I know that cosmetically it is what it is, but I had the need to experiment and and so I did to have a beter understanding of the materials so I can do a much mor controlled job next time.

I also took the time to build a couple of fins with the left over materials :slight_smile:

glassed fin… still needs a hotcoat, etc

will it work or will it break?

I’d be concerned about it breaking because the panel is too thin.  Your fin panel should be at least as thick as your base before you start foiling.   If not thicker.   Your panel is 90% flat at the bottom and you don’t have the thickness it would take to add more curve to your foil, so both of those factors are less-than-desireable.   

You want to shoot for a thickness that will enable a foil that looks like the pic below.  Which you can still get to with this fin by adding more layers and refoiling.

many thanks for the tip! will add some more glass

You’ve done well.  So now where will yo go to surf it?  France, Spain or Portugal?    Is a Surfari on the horizon?  Lowel

nothing really planed. Will keep on my one or two times a week in Belgium or the Netherlands. By the moment all the rest is on standby.

It my sound strange but in Belgium you can surf most of the weeks. Small mushy waves, but surf after all.

It is fantastic! to ride your first board is just a magic moment.

THANKS!!!

… just got a 9’1 marko eps blank… lets see what I do with it

Sounds like Sheboygan.  Haha.  But making the occasional board will keep the fire stoked between sessions.

magical feeling on the first time on your new board. Felt fantastik!

and I just got a 9’1 marko eps blank to get entreteinet

THANKS!

Good for you.  This is the kind of board that will be useful to you for a long time to come.   

Good for you.  This is the kind of board that will be useful to you for a long time to come.