Fish fins....where??

I have been waiting to finish this board for like a week just keap waiting for Fiberglass Hawaii to get my twin fins in and with all this talk about making em i wat thinkin what the hell why not try and make some. What would be the difference in layers of fiberglass as opposed to a wood core construction, and what are the differences between a trwin fin and a keel fin?

Rooster,

Thanks for mailing them,I keep looking for the postman! I ordered a set from Rainbow as well just for kicks. I am not sure which I will use,damn I guess I’ll have to build another board for the extra set of fins !! I know what you mean,I will probably like the ones made by myself better,something about doing it yourself. Soulslider the main difference I believe is in the weight,glass will be heavier and stiffer.The plywood may flex a bit,but only a bit being that they will be 7"x5",and they will be lighter . The main difference with keels is the drive created by the longer base,the other template(twin) has a shorter base and a raked tip,a more modern foil allowing quicker turning IMHO.

O-23.

Yah, I like that. Make another board for the fins. That’s my philosophy, too. What am I going to do with 5 fishes, though? I don’t think those plys are gonna flex. If you don’t get the templates e mail me again and I’ll overnight em or somthing. I know how hard it is to wait. Mike