Fixing delams: syringes

Anyone know where small syringes (and maybe needles) can be obtained? OK, I imagine it’s hard if not impossible on the needles these days, but I had great success fixing a bottom rail using a medical syringe and small gauge needle with Suncure sanding resin. It was a one-time deal though getting the needle, but I guess it would not be needed if a syringe were avaialble that had a small tip or thin plastic tip of a little length. I think I’ve seen these. I inserted the needle in the shade away from the sun and back filled with resin, making two holes, one at each end of the delam, the second to let the air out. Then pressed down on the delam with a block while bringing the board outdoors to the sun. It set hard and flat, a good repair. But I need to find a source of syringes that would work. Any ideas?

I use the big trama syringes 50cc with the 1.5 mm gauge needle. I get them through PMS medical Supply in San Diego, but any medical supply place should sell them to you. If not you can get diabetic insulin syringes from any drug store, there not illegal in most states, you just have to sign for them. You might have some problems in the Bible Belt states where all syringe user are the gate keepers to the devils work shop. especially you resin sniffing laminators. The problem with the small gauge syringes is that you have to thin out the resin which sinks into the foam too quickly. -Jay

I use the big trama syringes 50cc with the 1.5 mm gauge needle. I get them through PMS medical Supply in San Diego, but any medical supply place should sell them to you. If not you can get diabetic insulin syringes from any drug store, there not illegal in most states, you just have to sign for them. You might have some problems in the Bible Belt states where all syringe user are the gate keepers to the devils work shop. especially you resin sniffing laminators. The problem with the small gauge syringes is that you have to thin out the resin which sinks into the foam too quickly. -Jay

go to your vet supply

go to your vet supply

In the manufacturing industry, there are ‘epoxy dispense’ needles which connect onto a syringe with a plastic connector. Then it has a small metal tube extending out of it. They come in various gages. I use the 18g one. If you’re interested, I can find the manufacturer. As for the syringe, try a feed store.

In the manufacturing industry, there are ‘epoxy dispense’ needles which connect onto a syringe with a plastic connector. Then it has a small metal tube extending out of it. They come in various gages. I use the 18g one. If you’re interested, I can find the manufacturer. As for the syringe, try a feed store.

Check under “Product Information”, then “Application Tools” - these don’t have needles but the end of the syringe tapers to a point. 807 Syringes Reusable syringes that can be loaded with epoxy mixture for injecting into tight spots. Ideal for hardware bonding and plywood repairs. Holds about 0.5 fl. oz. http://www.westsystem.com/

Check under “Product Information”, then “Application Tools” - these don’t have needles but the end of the syringe tapers to a point. 807 Syringes Reusable syringes that can be loaded with epoxy mixture for injecting into tight spots. Ideal for hardware bonding and plywood repairs. Holds about 0.5 fl. oz. http://www.westsystem.com/

?? What web site for “Product Information” then “Application Tools”? More info, please

?? What web site for “Product Information” then “Application Tools”? More info, please

Click on the “West Epoxy” link at the bottom of my post. It worked when I tried it.

Click on the “West Epoxy” link at the bottom of my post. It worked when I tried it.