Flip Tip Noses on Shortboards

it really depends on how much foam im trying to remove.  i try and keey the sander out of the last 6 inches but for thinning out the last foot i definetely use the disc sander.  spokeshave and 40grit to get the flip, sureform sometimes

My preference, too, for the same reason. Plus… i don’t want to spend the extra money on another tool!

But Bud… nice work.

hello patrick freen. to take your logic a few steps further.

i  copy someones template. i have it machine cut. i outsource the glassing and sell the board through a rag shop

what am i?

ok i concede :slight_smile: . the disk sander works it seemed the easiest way to me . i stopped doing it cuz the boss said so and i dont regret it.

Hey Paul, this is definitely one of those ''whatever works best for you'' things. Results are what count.

true dat mike

Hey Paul can you post a picture of you making the cuts with your planer or the ‘angle of attack’ you use when assulting your nose…I’m interested cause I’ll skim the blank at the nose with the planner but not real confident with shaping nose filp with it, making deep cuts ect…

hey mate i surely will next board. i have flips on almost all my boards and they are a really cosmetic little ski jump . so they are the extreme end of a flip and i do manage quite easily with a planer. i have another board im starting this week some time and i will video it and take some pictures

i'm interested to see the video too Paul...

you gonna wear pants this time?