....for HERB (vertman) SPITZER......

it’s not surfing …

or …

IS it ??!!

BUT, I know you enjoy this …

and I’m sure you know this guy, too …

I hope you’re still doing this , and that one day you get filmed , I would LOVE to see THIS in a “swaylocks video” one day !!

but , I guess that may just be a PIPE DREAM …

…have you ever visited this place , Herb ?

Chips.

Those are clips from a video that Scott Dittrich made in 1988-89,“Wheels of Fire”.The rider is my friend and pool scavanging buddy ,Steve Alba.The vid was to be a ,“shot in the arm” to a almost dead industry at the time.

//////////////////That particular pipe is in New Mex.U.S.A.(30 - 35’ pipeline )///////////////////////////////

There’s about 3 hours of me;( between 3 photogs) of Compton pools and the Signal Hill races…I’m hoping some of it will show up someday before I die,so I could see them again…who knows?

Pipes,Yeah…I got my stash…2 are full on lines ready to ride(a 12’er and a 15’er).

Never did hear back from your friend that was filming over here.What Happened? It’s okay by me,hope he got some good shots besides.

“GATORDAVE” !!!

WHERE ARE YOU ??

film Herb skating …now !!!

and post it on sways …

…oTHAT’S an order !!!

remember all the good advice you got from us free of charge , regarding how, what, when , and where to film a good skate and surf movie ??

…WELL???

HOW is it coming along Dave ?

or have you lost interest already ?

cheers !

ben

Herb , yep !!

…these are frame grabs off “wheels of fire” , which I have on dvd …

a GREAT pipe and pool skating movie !!!

Ben,

Try and find a DVD called ,“Fruit of the Vine”.

A"BEST" skateboard movie I’ve ever seen.It’s more updated and contains boarding from around the U.S.A.

…BY-THE-WAY,the pool in the desert segment of ,“Wheels of Fire” is the nortious ,“Nude Bowl”…I believe I was the first to ride it in 76’.

The Nude Bowl…thats something I don’t want to see Spitzer riding in.

The Nude Bowl was a kidney shaped pool, 10’ deep ,located near Running Hotsprings,Ca.The Bowl/pool received it’s name due to the fact that it was the remains of a disbanded nudist colony.In the mid 70s this general area was all but forgotten (put it to ya this way ,in 76 I lived in LongBeach .Ca. at the time…where I live now,in Anaheim Hills/Yorba Linda is roughly 30 miles inland from LB,the dessert is 110miles inland… …My TownHome or neighborhood didn’t exisit then)…Memories for me?.. of 4 wheeling,shooting,and riding ditchespipespools long before there were skateboard wheel tracks in them…The nude bowl went through many transitions, out living many eras of skateboarding until it’s finally demise in the late 90s.

…IN LOVING MEMORY, Nude Bowl, So.Ca. Dessert…

The ‘Nude Bowl’…

Steve Alba …

Mickie Alba …