glassing advice for paddleboards...

Ive been looking for an answer to this for awhile now and cant seem to track it down…

If I wanted to attempt to cut out a step and tint spackle instead of the resin, what would the hang ups be?

Im glassing 2 14’ paddleboards (14’ x 21" x 6" out of 1.5 # stringerless EPS) and I would like to get a consistent tint through them both. I’ll go yellow bottoms and orange tops. SO I figure some fast and final with tinting and some DI water to thin it out a bit. Ive got paddle mixers to make sure it gets mixed throughout.

Anyone see problems with this?

I was also wondering about a glassing schedule. Im pretty sure I need some 38" glass to get a good wrap. This I can find in 5.6 oz volan but was wanting to layup 4/4 bottom and 4/4/4 top. If I run double volan on bottom with double volan and a deck(ish) patch, is this adequit or overkill?

This is my first foray into making paddleboards. I would like them to be semi light-ish for humping down the hill from my house to the pier. I wasnt really concerned with weight with my standup because, well, its a standup…

I could go the manoa route and just sand the fillcoat, and slap on a coat of por-15 hardnose paint. Manoa says its wicked tough, but how much heavier than RR epoxy can it be. That takes care of the gloss coat and color in one… buts its mucho pricy…

and finally, why do I have a thing for big boards right now? Why cant I make a nice sensible fish, or even a singlefin?