Gloss coat pits

I agree with Gene. My problem was always a room that was too warm and humid. I fixed this with air conditioning. I like the room around 72degrees. The a/c removes moisture also. We had a saying in Florida that you needed a cool room and a hot batch to get a good gloss. Other factors are good fresh resin/strainers/good brush. My basic formula was one cone strainer full of resin set off with 35CC of hardner. Gel time 15 minutes on average. I have seen other glossers do things differently with great results. My thing is retro resin pins and color work done on the hotcoat and if the resin does not kick off fast I run the risk of bleeds.

Yeah Roger, I think 15 minutes is about perfect.  Red pinlines especially will run like a mutha if it flows too long.  You using 35CC’s of PD1, Highpoint 90, or…? with that concoction?  

For pinlines I “gas” the pigmented gloss resin with extra wax, cobalt, then HP90.  Apply it and pull the tape as fast as I can and hopefully it has just enough time to dome before it kicks.  

Those married pinlines you have look great…