griffin board test

Had Greg make me one of his five fins7’2,3.25 inches thick wanted to see how it would work my experiment with Gregs magic my weight 195 started out as a answer to the long boards at a certain summer spot in the islands.along the way i started to doubt the dimensions i had chosen would it be to corky ect…it came foiled nicely,surf has sort of shut down on this island so only been ridden a few times. it is not my ambition to boast about boards or how they ride, i have always spent time in the shaping room going over the finalizations of my boards,so sight unseen for a custom is not my better judgment, with Greg it was emails and phone calls,Greg has alot to say and when you sort it out he gives plenty of himself. The end result was a board that more than met my expectations[ready for the next one] my only hope is my skill will give it justice i could go on how great it rides but that is always subjective if you get to see one of Gregs boards you will understand the attention to craftmanship and detail how many guys foil their own fins for pros,for themselves! much less for regular customers.i hope he continues to post here some of his design ideas go against the school of Greenough which i grew up around and we have had good discussions.how soon on the epoxys? hope to see you in the shaping room one of these days so close so far aloha…