Heavyweight Composite Longboards?

Please extend my wishes to Doug for a complete recovery. Damn, this getting old stuff sucks. Physiologically there’s no reason man doesn’t regularly live to 125… it’s the stress and impurities we made for ourselves that get us.

Then again you might be eating organic, and out for your daily walk, only to get run over by a Prius that you didn’t hear coming!

thanks DEAD…

we will pass it on…he is doing great with the pacemaker…so its all good…

w

Hi nutty -

I was able to demo one of the platinums and also recently snagged a nice used Wingnut II model Surftech for a few trials. 

I find I like the flat, thin down rails up front on the WNII.  It's a bit lighter than the Platinum but as a daily driver it doesn't seem to have any problem scooting right along with minimum input from me. 

It has that intuitive 'accelerator' as you shift your weight forward.  Kind of like a Peck Penetrator only faster.

As my profile indicates, I'll surf anything I can get my hands on.  Sometimes good used boards (Surftech and others) are the fastest cheapest way of experimenting.

Hey Robert c'mon!!  after all those Surftechs you talked me into buying? ha ha!  only kidding....

great idea.. same feel, better durability.  I'd say you've cracked it buddy.. what we all wanted. Thing is a lot of us have gotten used to the weight of the above composite constructed boards, and our styles have changed through riding them. Maybe just getting used to a slightly more heavier board again?

Would love to try one.. don't have a local distributor though.

Shapes look nice though graphics a little dodgy...

Take care now...

Andy…

i can get you a board no matter where you live…and if your andy from the UK…really easy as our distributor/licensee there is a really good surfer and i can chuck one on his next shipment…

its nice to have the “glide” again in a surfboard…the momentum to carry thru sections and little bits of chop…

give em a go…

w

Hi Wingy... yes it is UK Andy. Unfortunately I've just ordered a 10,2" Tak in Tuflite but you know how often I change my boards!!

Next one will definitately be a Platinum... probably be spring time what with the expense of Christmas etc.

Seem to remember you mentioning some place in South Wales as your distributor? Any chance of a name and address please? I'll fire him off an email.

Hope you're keeping well... good news re. Doug's recovery.

Thanks for your posts.

Andy

Andy,

Double OverHead in Porthcawl sell them and they also have website which shows a few of the new boards.  They used to have demo boards aswell although i not sure if they still do this.

One of the boys has a 9'6 and he surfs well on it, although i haven't tried it yet so can't comment on how well it goes.

I've tried a one of the older 9'0 longboards which I had a blast on although it was around 4 foot and clean.  I've found some of the designs alittle boring but you could always spray it yourself for something alittle different.

It would be interesting to try one of the heavy weight composite boards could be handy for to travel with.