Help with quad fins configuration

do one rail soft and one rail hard, you'll very quickly learn the differences in performance.....but there are definitely advantages of a soft rail too, just knowing when and where is the trick....

You can make the board with soft rails - better rail wrap = better strength, then add edges after lamming w/resin and glass bead putty. It gives good ding protection, and you can make changes in the sharpness, length, etc…

hey Taylor, you've mentioned it before, but how do you make your "putty"? i've got some edges that need some adding to...

i was going to just mix up some resin then pour in some hollow microspheres.

On the bondo thread there’s the same info from Greg L…   So it’s not just my goofy idea… Ha!

I mix up a little batch of RR, and mix in the glass beads until it is as about as thick as you can get it with out it crumbling apart.

I also make a dam out of aluminum foil around the edges I’m going to be adding too to really  build it up.  I use the “Non-stick” stuff from Reynolds…  It works great, but you gotta use good tape to keep it in place.  If this is to vague, let me know and I’ll give more details.  I was gonna photo document the edging of my latest board, but my camera was at work… 

More customization!