Herb, two more questions...

Hi Herb, Two more PU coating questions need your help : 1) Addition PU coating on PU coated surface, should I wet sand it before additional coating? Just like the epoxy, needed to be wet sand before putting another epoxy layer. 2) And this time I m ready to brush PU coating on top of lacquer base paint. I m afraid it may cause delam. Thanks for your attention. Regards, Crabie

Hi Herb,>>> Two more PU coating questions need your help :>>> 1) Addition PU coating on PU coated surface, should I wet sand it before > additional coating? Just like the epoxy, needed to be wet sand before > putting another epoxy layer.>>> 2) And this time I m ready to brush PU coating on top of lacquer base > paint. I m afraid it may cause delam.>>> Thanks for your attention.>>> Regards,>>> Crabie …Yes you need to scratch-up the surface to get a good bond.As far as the lacquerpaint bond with PU ???I don’t know? let us know the outcome.Herb

Yes, I did it on my previous skimboard in which I slightly wet sanded the lacquer paint, it bonded with epoxy. I m not sure 100% not sanded surface could be sticked with epoxy or not.