Homemade Stock Paddleboard Glassing Help

THIS JUST IN!!! Everyone is making it sound like double layer of 4oz isn’t enough so i did some quick math…

I ordered 25 yards of S cloth, 27" wide. that gives me 75’ x 27" to work with

my board is about 12’3"  or 12.25’ , add two inches to the nose and tail and make that 12.58’ per lam length

3 layers on the top

3 layers on the bottom

12.58’ x 6 layers = 75.48’

I have 75 feet to use, so that is probably close enough to put down three layers top and bottom, then use the scraps to strengthen the knee wells… what do yall think?

I’ve also never done a lamination like this, can i laminate three layers at one time? Is this overboard to ensure this board is strong? Should i instead just put three layers on the bottom and two on the top, and use the extra to strengthen the knee wells?

Thoughts are always welcome, I’m at an impasse at the moment…

If it came down to it factoring in waste, I’d reverse it and triple the top and double the bottom. What day is the race?

putting down three layers of 4oz all at once is doable, but it’s tricky to get things wet out evenly all around…and you’ll probably have to work fast considering your temperatures.

you might have to two step your lams.

hmmm, ill be considering those suggestions…

i suppose i just have to laminate it and just make a decision that way…

and the race is august 29th (partly why this board needs to get glassed is that the clock is ticking and i need to get in the water again)

hmmm, ill be considering those suggestions…

i suppose i just have to laminate it and just make a decision that way…

and the race is august 29th (partly why this board needs to get glassed is that the clock is ticking and i need to get in the water again)