How to glass the vector net?

I breath of fresh air.

From someone that knows.

Whatevah.

hahaha, love it. Whatevah…

A a guess, You pride yourself on the little (IMHO useless) fabric?

It takes a ‘skilled man’ to lay some cloth on a board. I find that very hard to swallow.

I’m embarrassed of this surfboard industry.

but the industry . It’s a joke.

Pathetic professionally…

You must have had a bad experience with your little factory.

McDing’a’Ling is back.

Damn straight I did, what wonderful insight you have. 

At least I played a hand. I’m still here, with my middle finger aimed right at you.

This place is a waste of my time. 

Check ya’s

I have used it once so far and had no issues glassing it. I just cut it and layed under both deck layers. Then after glassed went back over with extra resin to get bubbles out. Easy as glassing regular inlays.

This thread was ‘How to glass it, the net stuff’.

Not ‘What do you think of it?’.

… Sway’s ended up being a punching bag for me after all these years. I know this, and a few crew on here do also.

Carry on. 

Nah.  I like you Yorkshire.  Even your  “flying fickle finger of fate”  Don’t get  mad, take you toys an’ go home.  Stick around.  We’ll open a keg o" nails.  What was it that Sway boy Dave  used to say??  " Diversity is the Mother of invention?"  Some damned thing like that???

hahaha I like that “flying fickle finger of fate” :)…

It’s no excuse, but I often reply at 3 am, (so i’m a bit ‘twisted’ early/long days.

Life is a bit crazy right now. 

Cheers.

Nice job on that board by the way…  If that’s the 1st time you used it and no issues.  Great!  Keep up the nice work.  Lowel

Just for shits and giggles…

Thanks, Matt.  I haven’t seen that kind of placement of carbon tape before.  Actually looks like a very intelligent way to use it to me.  I’ve never played with the stuff, though.  Vector-net either.

Thought I would kick this thread back up to the top.   Was a fun thread.  Lots of funny stuff from the “yorkster” and that Mayhem video from Mattie was highlarious.  I’ve actually been using V-net quite a bit lately.  Mostly doing decks in combo with 4 oz as a lighter solution to deck dents and crush.  Has been pretty effective.  I do it under the cloth. Cut it at the rail bottom.  I have been experimenting with different methods of lamination.  Sometimes doing the deck first and lapping the bottom onto the V-net/4 oz. deck.  Trying to come up with a strength to weight ratio( as Grubby used to call it).  I do a fairly opaque tint that obscures the Net a bit.  I posted a couple of pics on other threads.  I’ll put up a couple here tomorrow.  Lowel