if you had to move to florida where would you live???

Very little dirt here bammbamm.

You would likely be under 6 feet of SAND.

I agree with your statement though. I wouldn’t be here if I had it to do over again.

Looking forward to retirement on an island somewhere.

I’m from N.Y. - if I had to live in Florida I’d kill myself. HA !

I second that ha

Im from Florida and I am ready to kill myself because of all the New Yorkers moving here, HA!

Im from Florida and I am ready to kill myself because of all the New Yorkers moving here

Well said!

been living in FL my whole life, except for short trip to Atlanta for a few years… grew up in Ft Laud, home of the wind chop hop… least you’re not going 5 hrs from the nearest ocean - growing up in S FL in the shadow of the Bahama bank is not real fun, but road trips north were the call and we were stoked all the time… this thread just begs to give FL the boot, but all things considered its a great place to be a surfer and to live; warm water/trunking it most the year, a 3/2 and booties and I can get out any day here in N FL… you will probably be laughing at all of us in January, guys surfing 3 ft swell and dressed up like taking the drop at Mavs… hoods, boots, gloves… Lokbox is on with Palm Beach as a choice - on the edge of the cement jungle that is S FL - but I’d go check out the north fringe of Palm Beach for living, Ft Pierce, Jupiter, Stuart, Hobe Sound etc… some of these are just north of Palm Beach County- Palm Beach gets good in winter, north swells, but head high is a rarity as much as I hate to say it, but it happens - Melbourne is surf central for FL and possibly the east coast, other than Outer Banks NC, as far as shaping, # of quality breaks, etc - check out Eau Gallie Blvd, lots of good rentals, east side and mins to the beach, good for going south to Sebastian Inlet/Monster Hole, north to Satellite Bch, RCs, second light… New Smyrna Beach is old school and has real consisitent surf at Ponce Inlet, another nice surf town, this would be in my top 3-5 places to live period, but not for everyone - Titusville and national seashore is good too, 50 mins from Orlando (big city work etc) but real small with old school vibe - currently living in south Jacksonville in Ponte Vedra which is 25 mins north of St Augustine… St Augustine is another really classic beach town surf town, good vibes, laid back, 40 min commute to Jacksonville… dont discount Jax/St Aug, the surfers here are all friendly for hte most part, vibe is good… furhter into S FL you go the more you get the cocky/angry thing going on… too many people too close together imo - lots of choices, but look at a map with the Bahama bank and think North of the Bahama bank for consistency of surf as far as head high is concerned, don’t forget you can fly out of Orlando, Palm Beach, or Miami to Puerto Rico for cheap and its only a few hours by plane… the whole carribean and even central america is only a few hours on a plane from here, Mexico City might only be 3 hours if I can remember correctly… trips to Outer Banks NC might be what you need in winter… being from Norcal you can dig it even in winter, not my thing though in winter - like I said, I love it here, and I surf all the time in waist to shoulder high waves that can crack at the right spot… start honing your fish shaping skills… you’ll surf plenty here and honestly most likley be quite surprised and pleased… while missing the ability to take out or need to own anything over 6’10, and thats if you’re 230 lbs+… imo I’d avoid living south of PGA Blvd in Palm Beach… it will keep you more sane and out of the concrete jungle for the most part