is a 5'6" thruster to small for a 130lb guy

forchest-head high beach break, i ride mostly longboards, wanna give this thing a whirl 17 1/4 wide it floats me to the belly button what do you guys recommend

I recomend another 6 or 8 inches of board. Maybe someone who has been riding shortboards at your weight can get away with it but comming from longboards I just think you will want more float.

A 5’6’ shortboard is fine if you think stylin is flapping you ass and arms around trying to get enough speed to do a turn.

Bru is having a bad day, don’t mind him. He must be thinking about his own surfing. I say ride whatever gets you stoked on surfing. Watch the groms ride boards that small and see the sick lines they carve and they don’t flap.

ive seen those 100 lb kids fly but i think im just too heavy,i ride longboards , but sometimes it gets lame, what i realy want is a brom fish but they are too$$, what size dementions for a old style fish would you recommend, rocker too, i have a couple of templets, but i dont know how the rails should look, what would be a good blank to choose-

the guy’s got thirty five years of experience. you say hand it over cause it’s too expensive… pay the $ and measure one for yourself…maybe in a few decades you will get close to what you want.

your point well taken, but i live on the right coast and those shapes are hard to come by, plus the postage makes for a pricey ride, i dont mind parting with the money,i just gotta know its gonna be a good fit, if i make a purchase around x-mas it will be a tudor retro fish"too much rocker" or a brom but wow what a price tag- what size would you recomend

call steve and talk. it’ll work out

IM 195LBS HAVE A SHORTY IN MY QUIVER.7 10 SWALLOW/ MAGIC BY BESSELL PAID 650 SHIPPING INCLUDED. RIDES GOOD HOLDS MY WEIGHT FINE…I DONT DO SPINNERS IN THE AIR BUT TURNS AND CUTS BACK GREAT…WAS REASONABLE…IT JUST DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANA PUT ON IT SINGLE STRINGER SANDED NO PIGMENT…ID SAY ABOUT 450

ill call tha majic man soon, i want too leave a deposit on the fish that way i dont have to wait too much past x-mas, by the way i love the page with brittny spears