Is Ice-9 gone?

Does anyone close to the subject at hand have an update on the situation?  I heard reorganization? 

After trying so many different brands of foam I've gotten spoiled using their mowses foam.  If they go bye bye it will be a bummer. 

I seriously hope they can pull it together.  I got lucky and got some of the last blanks of the mowses that they had on Oahu. 

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but I spoke with one of the owners lately, and it seems as if they are going to be shutting down. Don't quote me on this - I am just passing along what i heard from them.

Anyhow - I guess i should take this opportunity...

I'm calling BS on that.  I'm an owner and you didn't talk to me.  I spoke with the other owner and he said no such thing either.  Hate to disappoint you but we're going through a restructuring that will allow us to continue into the long-term.  Expect it to take a few more weeks to complete.

Congratulations on the amateurish thread hijacking, the shameless self-promotion and the lying about speaking with the owner.  And you are the guys who claim to be taking the high road.   As a direct competitor my dealings with Ned had always been professional and courteous when he represented HomeBlown but if posting a bunch of made-up crap about competitors is the new business model then so be it. 

Between this and the other threads you started or commented on you are a fountain of mis-information.  Your lack of knowledge regarding reactive chemistry in general and polyurethane manufacturing in particular is staggering.  Your heavy handed use of the “green” card is also quite misleading.

Scare tactics, misinformation, and libeling competitors.  Great new marketing program you put in place.

LT…thank you for coming in on this thread. Ned, I’m not sure what you’re doing. Our early dealings were first rate with Homeblown although I ended up with a bitter taste in my mouth over the little foam  shaped and glassed.

I am startng a new thread called TDI vs. MDI as this thread got totally hijacked from the poster that was talking about SONIC FOAM. I don’t even know if the company exists and actually DON’T EVEN CARE IF THEY DO.

I have feelings about MDI and the green movement, and I will state those NO HOLDS BARRED on the new thread. I’m stating this as “feelings” because I don’t have the chemical background to elaborate, but I will certainly not pull punches on what I experienced with the new so called bullshit green technology.

So, off to the new thread…Pardon my ‘French’, but I’m all for people hugging trees if they know what the fuck they are talking about!

. " Hate to disappoint you but we’re going through a restructuring that
will allow us to continue into the long-term.  Expect it to take a few
more weeks to complete."

This is what I was hoping to hear.

On a lighter note, I just got an email from (yet) another blank manufacturer, Empire Foam. You know, the guy that worked with Nev in OZ? He emailed and said they are moving to Indo…good idea.

He’ll get really good waves, his kids will be stoked for the waves but forget having a girl friend unless a nuptial contract is drawn up, and monkeys will work for bananas and probably do better glue ups than some of the blank companies already out there…

yoo’’  jon    glad to hear   things are ok’’

hang in there       

huie

Mahalo, mahalo! 

I guess Ishould have just called and asked.  I was going to wait and see what Steven had to say about the situation in a week or so but I got nervous when I heard "stories" and then saw it here on swaylocks. 

I hope the transition goes well and we can see blanks soon.  Any chances of some new sizes?

Good luck!

DMP

Good question. There were more blanks on the drawing board from Ice 9…Mowses with more options would be fantastic. But keep in mind these guys are REAL businessmen and they will sort things out during their reorganization and no doubt that will include a timeline and prioritization.

Harold, if you can ‘hear’ me…thank you for your contribution. You’ve made my life in the shaping room easier and pleasureable.

Are you guys still on about this?

I responded on the other thread - MDI vs TDI. Read it and chill out. Go surf.

I am not at all disapointed at the fact that ICE 9 is going to be back on the scene. It in fact is a good thing. They are good guys with a solid local blank business and I am happy for them - glad to see you guys are still around.

Whoever thought that I was against ICE 9 from the start needs to read about why I made my initial comments. I was given misinformation by someone who claims to be a former partner. So I apologize yet again for the misunderstanding. Get over it.

Nice welcoming commitee. I feel right at home here. it's like paddling out at Pipe as an FOB haole.

Actually we termed it “JOJ” back in the day of Lopez, Rory and Tom Stone.

JOJ = Just off Jet.

As far as the other stuff…that’s over…Lonely Tyrant had the final say, so it is ancient history unless you want it to continue…what part of over don’t you get?

P.S.

Howzit Huie…just ordered some SB’s…no yellow though, guess they are afraid of commies? LOL. I’ll send you some pix of new ad for board buyers guide up here in da free world.

Hey, what the hell ever happened to Sonic Foam? I could never find them when  browsing…did, or do, they even exist? Who is they anyway? I ain’t had no luck finding 'dem folks. R they outta Kentucky?

hey bruce   i just found some  s b  yellows on my doorstep

low v 1 ml stringers    lookin good

** dont know when i will get to them though.

I think only registered commnists are allowed to shape those! Better not let your neighbors or mates see you with those…LOL