Jim Phillips does it again. Great ride.

Thanks Jim for the great board. Jim made for me a 8,2 pintail with a rounded, slightly pointed nose. It has the classic S deck and rides phenomenolly (even though I spell less than phenomenolly). It has a 9 inch Greenough Stage 4 fin in it that I picked up on the way to San Onofre today. I took it out, as I mentioned, at San-O today, and it rode incredibly, very cruisy, totally seventies. As I made turns, steering from the middle of the board, I could feel my body going into Peter Townend type positions, and it felt great. Arching the back during a bottom turn. The thing springs ahead during bottom turns. I still haven’t gotten the roundhouse cutback perfected on it, but part of that was my forgetting to wear a leash and, therefore, taking it easy. The waves were head high and the inside was breaking on the rocks, so I had no intention of losing the board. I rode about thirty waves. It caught them as easily as my ten foot Lightning Bolt (another magnificant board made by Craig Hollingsworth). The rocker is right about four inches and the tail rocker is about 2.5. I will probably post pictures when I am less lazy. I couldn’t be happier and can’t wait to see what it does in overhead Cardiff Reef this fall and winter. WOW! That’s the perfect word for it. Wow! Thank you Jim. Now, how about that Tri fish we have been talking about?

“I’ll never stop using the word Dude”

Dude, I would never, never, ever stop using the word “dude.” Furthermore, I won’t ever stop using the words: gnarly, awesome, bro, trippin, kook (especially for the people giving me a hard time), whoa, intense, dude, unreal, stoked (everday), lame, local, dude, dudette, sponger, snake, larry-the-longboarder (even though I love longboarding), fear (sometimes), sweet, groovy, weird, trippy, and especially DUDE. Got that, dude? So, dude, if you don’t have anything nice to say, then just say “dude.” But I am flattered that you are thinking about me weeks after I used the word dude. You must like me. Later dude.

I’m busted. Tried to use my Fairmont screen name and forgot which computer I was on. Oops. Now the secret is out.

If youre going to play the name game, youve got to remember who you`re NOT! Be nice and have fun!

where might someone order some Greenough fins??

as I mentioned, at San-O today, and it rode incredibly, very cruisy, totally seventies. As I made turns, steering from the middle of the board, I could feel my body going into Peter Townend type positions, and it felt great. Arching the back during a bottom turn. The thing springs ahead during bottom turns. I still haven’t gotten the roundhouse cutback perfected on it, but part of that was my forgetting to wear a leash and, therefore, taking it easy. The waves were knee high and the inside was breaking on the rocks, so I had no intention of losing the board. I rode about thirty waves. It caught them as easily as my ten foot Lightning Bolt ( I will probably post pictures when I am less lazy. I couldn’t be happier and can’t wait to see what it does in overhead Cardiff Reef this fall and winter. WOW! That’s the perfect word for it. Wow! Now, how about that Tri fish we have been talking about?

Dude photo’s please and watch the beverage.

Photos have been posted. Go to the archives. ID 670 is a contraption I made entirely, and 671 is the Jim Phillips I am raving about. I hope I have that correct. Anyway, one is nice and the other is junk. Jim shaped the nice one. My beverage of choice is Coca Cola. Coral, good to see you.

Oh, and I bought the Greenough fin at Surfride in Oceanside. 45 bucks. Flexfin. Makes a huge difference over a regular fin.