Klein Board Design !!!!!!!!!!

I open up the site on the front page this morning Klein Design and was sicken… In the past 30 years we all have bitched about not making any money building surfboards… Well when i saw the selling price of a Klein shortboard is $225 i was shocked. How can one make boards so cheap???.. I would like to know how???. Is Klein backed by “COSTCO” or what? I’m just looking for your thoughts about half price surfboards… Rob

…HALF PRICED BOARDS = HALF ***ED BOARDS???DON’T KNOW?Herb

I open up the site on the front page this morning Klein Design and was > sicken… In the past 30 years we all have bitched about not making any > money building surfboards… Well when i saw the selling price of a Klein > shortboard is $225 i was shocked. How can one make boards so cheap???.. I > would like to know how???. Is Klein backed by “COSTCO” or > what? I’m just looking for your thoughts about half price surfboards… Rob Howzit Rob, I take it they are short boards, I’ve never heard of the brand before. He must be doing all the work himself. Seems to me he’s not getting paid for the shape or the glassing labor. After the cost of the blank and glassing materials there sure isn’t a whole lot of $ left over. He can’t last very long unless he lives in a cardboard box and rides a bike. As far as the quality goes,a sh*%%# board costs the same to make as a high quality board. Hey let’s give him a one way ticket to China.Aloha, Kokua

I went to the site to see the price on longboards, but it wouldn’t open! The thing I have to laugh about is that he’s advertising that he’s been in business since 1999. I’m not saying that his boards aren’t great, but I’d keep that unimpressive stat in the bag for a few more years!>>> Howzit Rob, I take it they are short boards, I’ve never heard of the brand > before. He must be doing all the work himself. Seems to me he’s not > getting paid for the shape or the glassing labor. After the cost of the > blank and glassing materials there sure isn’t a whole lot of $ left over. > He can’t last very long unless he lives in a cardboard box and rides a > bike. As far as the quality goes,a sh*%%# board costs the same to make as > a high quality board. Hey let’s give him a one way ticket to China.Aloha, > Kokua

I went to the site to see the price on longboards, but it wouldn’t open! > The thing I have to laugh about is that he’s advertising that he’s been in > business since 1999. I’m not saying that his boards aren’t great, but I’d > keep that unimpressive stat in the bag for a few more years! I’m just glad i’m way out of the loop up here in the woods??? Here in the last outpost to the north surfers know a good deal when they pay 400 for a new shortboard…and that’s a good deal AM ( brand names )are 450 and up… I guess he has no overhead or lost his head and does it for fun??? Rob

I open up the site on the front page this morning Klein Design and was > sicken… In the past 30 years we all have bitched about not making any > money building surfboards… Well when i saw the selling price of a Klein > shortboard is $225 i was shocked. How can one make boards so cheap???.. I > would like to know how???. Is Klein backed by “COSTCO” or > what? I’m just looking for your thoughts about half price surfboards… Rob I haven’t shopped shortboards for a long time but $225 does seem like a COSTCO price. However, their 7’8" Funshape is $355 with FCS fins. This is not too far out of the range of what Becker sells their similar sized boards for. I recall that recently a Becker board up to a 7’11" with double six glass on top and single six on the bottom, a polished finish, Ofish’l side bites and a center fin box including all fins was going for $395. Then again, Becker can make money off their retail stores Just how much can Klein get for their sweatshirts?