"knock off" fcs compatible fin brand reviews

ProBox.

Top quality. Made in the USA......Awesome fins and boxes. I like the translucent fiberglass fins....

and if you think you are "green" ask about the recycled composite plastic fins....F the knock offs...buy first quality!

Ray

this thread’s a blast from the past.

I am now using 90% shapers fins. I am very happy with the quality of them, and they have a good variety on offer.

i tried making my own. grinding glass sheets isn’t pleasant!

Ron, i have made a few sets. If you are hardcore into making stuff, do it, otherwise, get some probox fibreglass fins. They fucking rock, and feel a lot like glass ons. To make em, i used 35-40 layers of 4oz. I put some baking paper down, added some lam resin, then added 5 layers at a time, then more resin etc, til all layers down. Then added a layer of baking paper, and then put a 12'' x 12'' 3/4'' thick piece of flooring over the top, then added bricks to that, to compress and keep it level. After a few hours you'll have a fin panel. Then the fun begins. Mark out and cut the intended fin shape. Cut out, clean up outline, then go to it with a power sander. The layers of glass will show you how you're going. Fun, but for me, i like to buy probox, or shapers australia fins. Shoudl do it a couple of times purely for the experience though

about  fins solution the fins are not plastic china made.are all done in australia.i actually

have in stock in my shop ans are great .very good quality fair price and design foil shape are

a serious work… from steve.

other fins is see in the market is www.plus-surf.com made in bali.

How hard would it be to make custom fins that fit the RedX system?

http://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-threaded-inserts/=o98nfx

Its pretty easy. Just need the inserts. 

Bumping this post up as a number of years have passed by. Can anyone comment on any of the FCS two knock offs?

Not really interested in something that’s as expensive or more expensive but  not also not interested in something that’s plastic

We’ve had a couple of boards come through my house with cheap knock off chinese FCSII boxes in them.  Complete garbage.  Do not buy a board with FCSII boxes in them unless they are the real deal and have the FCS logo.

Sorry i meant hte fins not the boxes

The tab on Red-X fins has a slight taper, as you pull it in it gets tighter. If you can get that right, it should be easy. You can grind a small brass or aluminium nut to fit in the slot to screw it down.

Don’t remember where it was, but a while ago I scored a couple sets of large Red-X fins online. They’re hard to find.