Laminate Rice paper

Found a cheap source for packages of 80 sheets of precut 9"x12" rice paper.

It was intended to be used for calligraphy.

I just test a sample compare to a 60’ roll I bought at the paper supply store for $15.00 and both glassed fine on a sample of EPS. I used Hicksy’s Sway’s logo as the art… which by the way I love of all those submitted…

Let me know via PM if you can’t source the stuff locally…

Hey that’s great Oneula, I’m going to be using that logo on my latest creation, grab a piccie if you can.

I’m using shoe box paper, the thin stuff they pack the shoes with, seems to work ok for me.

cheers

Hicksy

Quote:

I’m using shoe box paper, the thin stuff they pack the shoes with, seems to work ok for me.

Me too, i thought i was the only one… haven’t tryed coloured ones till now, how do they work?

Cheers flavio

I tried colored “shoe box paper” and the color runs.

Oneula what is your source? Have you been to Hakubundo in the 1600 Kapiolani building (former Pan Am building)?

i get my stuff at michaels a roll that 15 inches wide and like 50 feet long cost 10 bucks. and the stuff works really good

Quote:
i get my stuff at michaels a roll that 15 inches wide and like 50 feet long cost 10 bucks. and the stuff works really good

Same.

Hey Hicksy

how this look?

Looks like it’ll work in my opinion.

Quick lam test with 10oz on EPS and epoxy resin on a HP inkjet printed inspiration from Hicksy…

Oh sorry I didn’t bother to hotcoat, sand it, gloss it and polich it like some of you professionals testers would’ve… I just wanted to see if it’d work… Oh and the glare from the flash is washing it out a bit I can clearly read Swaylocks Inspired on the little logo.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys but how about a package of 80 precut 13x10 sheets from japan for less than a dollar… I bought it all…

Hey Oneula,

I’m soooo stoked you used that one. It’s great to see something you did come to life, thank you very much for that.

The idea behind it was to show someone helping someone else out of a situation. Just like we do for each other here.

cheers

Hicksy

Hicksy, can use them on my fin laminates? I think they would look cool

Hey Cappio,

I don’t claim any ownership of the design, I created it to be used by anyone on this site, sharing and maybe repaying all those people who have helped me in some small way.

Here’s a greyscale version for you if you want one.

I’m just so stoked that someone else likes what I did!!!

cheers

Hicksy

I love that lam, a great reminder of the dangers of power tools!