Lightest possible Surfboards

Hi Bert,

I saw a libtech today at the beach.  It had a metalic fiber cloth on the rails.  Is that what they and you are doing?  Can you say anything about it? 

Looks like someone misunderestimated the spelling of Aussie there. 

5-10

stringerless eps / epoxy

glass / uni carbon

about 4lb

broken quite easy…prefere sandwich skins more now…

Uni carbon. Is it just me, or does uni carbon seem less stiff than woven? Maybe because it is so flat?

you got it. Non crimp uni fiber is realy stiff and strong in tensil, but as it is realy thin it´s floppy in flexural and buckle in compression. When a board snap skin break because of flexural stress from buckling of compressed face, so better to design skin for compression with Shear résistant material to protect against dings.

everysurfer , apologies … ive burnt up my sways time for today and have to get stuff done … will get back to your question about the metal coated fabrics tomorrow …

regards

BERT

Bert, looked for you at Expo but missed you this time.  Good to see you on here again.

Yo GL … yea , i did want to go , from the social aspect …

but hellishly busy at the moment with things that need doing around the factory … Martin was there and flew the Sunova flag at the CSS booth with Deeley …

plus i was only just in China last month for the Long Board world titles , and in Sri Lanka a few weeks before that , so my to do list started getting away from me …

im in Japan next month for another trade show there … so just trying to keep a balance between surf trips , factory duties and stuff related to sales …

im sure i will catch up with you somehwere over the next year …

also everysurfer , you had a question about the metalic fabrics … i will answer you on the Has it really been 10 years thread … just makes it easier for me to keep everything in one place …

next week tho …

regards

BERT