logo materials

I’ve only used rice paper for logos/art. What do you guys print your laminates on? Is it safe (chemically) to use vinyl? Just wondering what other options there are…Tanx…

tissue paper.

I’ve only used rice paper for logos/art. What do you guys print your > laminates on? Is it safe (chemically) to use vinyl? Just wondering what > other options there are…Tanx… Keep making them out of tissue paper r the like with industrial inks. Toxic once again, but that is the price we all pay until we go green.

Deeb: I’ve used cheap typing paper and “rice” paper that I buy from Surf Source in Florida. Forget the typing paper, the regular lam/“rice” paper is called Silky medium weight. I run it through my HP printer no problem. Surf Source Phone (904) 247-0808 FAX (904) 241-0501 Another place on the West Coast is Interwest in Fremont,CA. Nancy Sheffield Interwest Co. 510-656-0716 They sell a sampler book of cut sheets, tell her what you are using it for as it comes in different weights. What I want is some tips on how you use lams with resin tint laminations and opaque laminations. Is is applies on top of the color lamination with a clear 4 oz. lamination over the logo? Tom.>>> I’ve only used rice paper for logos/art. What do you guys print your > laminates on? Is it safe (chemically) to use vinyl? Just wondering what > other options there are…Tanx…

Tom, check out a previous post down below on this subject. Cheers, Scott.>>> What I want is some tips on how you use lams with resin tint laminations > and opaque laminations. Is is applies on top of the color lamination with > a clear 4 oz. lamination over the logo?>>> Tom.

Silky medium is the ticket, but shine the printer unless you can find a non-fading ink cartridge. The standard inkjet ink will fade over time, even under glass. I can barely see the laminate i did with a jet printer less than a year ago, the more sun the quicker the fade. I spent $1.50/Laminate from a screen company plus the $28 set up fee and it was worth every penny. You get such a higher quality with acrylics, hand painting acrylics on medium silky works great also, Dont blow dry, let it dry naturally for 2 days. Time consuming, but better than an inkjet.

Has anyone else had the same trouble as alaska with inkjet printers on laminates?

I’ve only used rice paper for logos/art. What do you guys print your > laminates on? Is it safe (chemically) to use vinyl? Just wondering what > other options there are…Tanx… there is a new process that has been designed by a friend of mine in south africa that we are currently using called adt. it entails printing onto a water soluble solution and laying it into a water tank. place the board onto the logo or design and submerge the board. when you remove it from the water you dry it off and clearcoat the board. the whole process takes about 15 mins to do with a curing time of two hours. the major advantage of this is that you eliminate the time it takes to airbrush a board. quality can be as high as taking a photo of yourself and us placing it on a board. yours in surfing gregg

Has anyone else had the same trouble as alaska with inkjet printers on > laminates? Don’t mess with ink printers…yet. Use Nadar 6100 series air dry inks. 24 hours works fine in CA weather. No other way around it guys. What is a ouple of bucks for a lam. I do five color lams which I don’t recommend for the sake of registration etc, but My colors don’t make it look like there are five colors and I take pride in my logo too, just like any other part of my board. Sure it is just a trade mark and the board won’t rie any better. It balances the deck and gives a visual of where you are on your board…You’d be suprised what your eye and coordination register when getting up on the beoard with split seconds ticking. At least put a dot at about the chest level. You guys think I am nuts probably. Ask Shaun Thompson and he’ll tell you quite a bit about imagery of all sorts…