Mat men, your hour has come

Glad you guys are stoked. So am I – it’s neat to relive it like this.

Dudley Perkins and MOW

Dr S, man for all seasons, blows the doors off the Dale by eschewing his mat this once for a boogie

I took some heat for using this PFD

good to be alive!

foam, nylon, glass and 5 locals already on it

MOW, I didn’t really want to relive this particular morning. I’m in a thermal shirt, a flannel shirt, and TWO hooded sweatshirts overtop with the fleece cap and still FREEEEEEZZZZZZING. smart people sat in the car this morning.

and i notice you’re ok will putting up pics of yourself in the PFD, but i don’t see any pics of the “incident” with you and a certain surfer in a black and pink hotline wetsuit…hahahahhahahhaha

she must have backpaddled you, right??

Hello MOW- Great photos! Keep 'em coming. As you know too many photos are never enough. I am curious how your carbon spoon and strap-on that you brought to the seminar performed in real waves. You probably had more R and D in a week than you would get in a year in FL.

Also I am developing some sympathy for your plight after seeing the photos. That looks friggin’ cold! I hate being cold.

DP, you would bring that up. I’ll explain my taking candy from a child when I come to those shameful pics.

SS, serious serious cold… and me in my Ron Jon. I had a headache 10 days straight. If you ever think about going out there, one word: 5/3. You’re right about the R & D, tho. It was a JOY to ride a spoon there, even tho the quality of my surfing wasn’t up to the quality of the spots. I only took the grey lap belt board out once in about 15 sessions. I felt like I hadn’t come 3000 miles, and to the Dale to boot, to ride my foam board. When I did crack my spoon on day 5, Jamie generously let me use his for the duration.

WOW! I got so stoked just reading this!!How about next yr somewhere tropical!! I wish I went just to meet you guys.

Manowar and all,

Great photos. Wish I could have hooked up and joined you for a surf. You guys were here during a WARM SPELL. The real cold is right now. Dang it’s cold. I have my 5-4, hood, booties, and gloves packed up and ready to go tommorrow. Air temp is supposed to be around 20 degrees. Water close to 50. I bet the Pacific Northwest and New England riders think were all pussies! Glad you scored some good ones while you were visiting and I hope you all come back next year. Mike

best pic ever…

of mow personal best? of kneeboarding or from that event? no offense meant, but have you seen any greenough photos from back in the day???

Definitely not MOW’s best. Maybe the best from that particular wave, or maybe even that session. Not at all the best from the trip, but the good stuff is coming, it just takes a bit to sort 6000+ pictures. And clearly nothing compared to GG puttin it on a rail in these two.

The spot where MOW is surfing isn’t much of a spoon wave, at least not this day. While the pics show a pretty sizeable face, there wasn’t much bottom tension, it was just a beachbreak afterall, not a reef or point, so it was quite difficult to get the spoons into proper trim, and top and bottom turns were very difficult to maintain because of the slopey, fat faces and big shoulders. The mats did much better with these type conditions.

Glad you like the pic though Mottola, and thanks again for the great event poster!!

best pic of of MOW from the event that i have yet to see.

you kind of look like robocop in that vest though, Mark :wink:

"Dr S, man for all seasons, blows the doors off the Dale by eschewing his mat this once for a boogie "

Hey, that’s not just any boogie; it’s a 15 years or so old one I keep around for special occasions. Do they still build them like they used to?

where the shocking act was conceived

another shock was the overnight conversion of Luke from feet to knees

This is the last pic on this thread. For all the rest you can go to “Worth 1000 words–the Dale”.

Esoteric note for the Aussie KB crew; Young Master Luke wears no flippers! Must secretly be an Aussie as well. MOW, where did you say you got him?

great pichas and story, fellas – i sure wish i coulda made it. some day…