Mccoy boards

very nice quiver

McCoy outlet has $200 off stock boards at moment according to website...... Glad I live a couple of thousand kilometres away from Byron! When I was in Byron last June I was pretty excited by all the boards on the rack- pulled out an 8'2" that was much narrower/thinner than my Surftech 8'2"- a custom from 2009 that the person who ordered had not picked up(?)- and my wife pulled out $1000 from her bag and bought it for me! Said she knew I couldn't go in that shop without buying a board! Has anyone ridden/owned one of Geoff's mals (longboards)? I know he uses same bottom shapes as smaller boards, but I think the longboards are all  singles- might be wrong though. In website photos tails look to be pulled in. Wondered how they would go compared to most modern performance longboards that have double concaves at fins..........

Forget the boards, can I have your wife? I’ll give her back after one visit to the nearest board shop.

Innapropriate? Maybe…

For single-fin lovers...refined McCoy  6ft double-ender.....balsa with red cdear and silky oak.

Looks like a nice well rounded shape; is that Geoff's shaping room????? I had a 6'6" double ender, but it lacked enough volume for our waves, so sold it to a friend's brother who is about 70kg, he loves it. Didn't have a gullwing fin, just a conventional 'dolphin'. Loaded dome was not very pronounced.

New balsa lazor zap...finally finished and ready for the waves...

came up good eh’’

cheers huie

Absolutly beautiful workmanship

I agree Dave - kayu’s zap is

amazing. I pretty much just surf Zaps or McCoy boards. I have quite a few that I surf in my collection & Kayu’s is possibly the most beautiful I have ever seen! Certainly the nicest in wood! Great job

.......the McCoy chisel-tail twin fin !

Beautiful work. We now need to see some Photos  of those exquisite boards in action.

Good call, Kayu.

I’m thinking of another McCoy, maybe a thruster Stumpy for the bowly, broken up beachies we get round here.  

However, if I went for another custom single from Geoff, then it would be either a Potbelly or a double ender.  I love singles, but prefer a forward widepoint and a more parallel rail line.

…hello Kayu, very nice build from here.

Would you mind post close ups from this board?

Different angles, etc.

Solid Balsa?

Thanks

Reverb , I only do the woodwork …that pic is only in roughshaped form, and was yet to be final shaped , and tweaked by Geoff…I havn’t seen the polished board, but I know that it’s finished now , and if I can get some pics , I’ll post them up…the build was based on a foam core for performance and all requitements were met , so it’s a rider for sure , not just a looker…

[img_assist|nid=1068700|title=Pautsch version for Reese|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

GP Version for Reese. 5’11’’ Single. Love all the Geoff shaped pictures and the wood work as usual is nice.

Hey Knowaloha, that little pot belly is for sale in a local surfshop- does it say 'for Glenn" on the stringer? Called a powerball? Was it your board?

Ha, yes! I remember meeting Paul Witzig at the pointy end of a twelve bore!

(the only time I paid to camp in 8 months of travelling)