Mixing Acrylic Paint in Resin

You can seal you art or inlines with any clear acrylic sealer. You probably won’t get the professional, gloss finish that resin head gets though. Mike

I would NOT add Acrylic paint to Poly Resin! Ever! Don’t know about Epoxy. but I’m thinking; NOT! The colorants sold in a paint store might work because they are concentrated. I have used them both in Oil-based products and Acrylic based materials.

Years ago I painted houses with a guy who still mixed his own tints. He carried a wire basket like an old-school milkman with squeeze bottles of colorants.

My work has spotted me samples of universal (solvent free) colorants and they work the same as the ones I have gotten from fiberglass supply shops. I have used them with resins (poly or epoxy) and for tinting foaming polyurethane glue.

The standard warnings apply: always test new materials off to the side first and do not add so much colorant that it ‘plasticizes’ (weakens/modifies) the strength of the cured material.

Tinting foaming PU glue with acrylic craft or tube paint is also a bad idea in my experience. It goes off too fast in the cup and makes a mess.