moonlight glass fact or fiction

Howzit otis, The doctors told me that the radiation I got from my treatments would never totally leave my body but a good friend who is a real Chinese medicine doctor told me that was BS and all I need to do is do 6 hot bath soaks with a lb of sea salt and a lb of baking soda. Now that I live where I have access to a bath tub I am going to try it. There are some big differences between Western and Eastern Medicine and I have had some good results using the Eastern Medicine. Aloha,Kokua

Hi Kokua, I have a girlfriend who sees a Chinese Herbalist and Accupuncturist.

I respect their knowledge, but that only goes so far. He told her some obvious gobblygook not so long ago, but for most minor things he is good.

In the case of radiation I would draw a line on that one.

Soaking in epsom salts or any salt, or going into a steam room et al, has its limitations, but certainly couldnt hurt.

I would put your mind towards it, do research and recognize if strategies and supplements/chemicals are based on cat studies(if anything) and nothing more.

http://www.radiationdetox.com/ebook/0707RadiationDetox.pdf

…and you should think of detox or purifying your body as a long-term thing(as regards radiation and 6 hot soaks) and dont eat any delicacies like wild boar.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_GERMANY_RADIOACTIVE_BOARS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-08-19-01-03-37

Frankly I dont know how to wrap my mind around this radiation detox thing…it would take some research and knowing what you were zapped with,drank, or injected with.

Guys:

For a living I'm engaged in drug/medical research . . . have an advanced degree in organic chemistry.  Bottom line, your kidneys and livers are the organs that your body uses to "detoxify" itself . . .but with too much exposure these organs get taxed and injured leading to all sorts of ills . . . to say nothing of losing their effectiveness overtime and allowing the body to be exposed to ever increasing concentrations of environmental toxins.

What you builders expose yourself to . . . from foam/glass/poly dust entering your lungs (I can't imagine that this is all that different from inhaling asbestos) to being around organic solvents (like acetone, MEK, toluene, alcohols, NMP. . . whatever) and then to say nothing of the REACTIVE things you expose yourselves to like styrene, polyester resins, epoxyresins, peroxides, and amines . . . you are just begging for health troubles without proper preventive protective gear,and ventilation.  These reactive chemicals can alter proteins and perhaps even DNA in your cells . . if proteins are "alkylated" by these plastics they may become what people in the field call "antigenic" and become the basis for simple allergic responses that range from annoying rashes to much worse.  Autoimmune diseases are conceivable . . things like lupus, etc.  If you're messing with DNA . . . that will lead to some real funky cell biology with cancer being a likely outcome.  The polymerization of polyester or epoxies, while different chemically, still have the potential to "alkylate" cellular macromolecules.  Peroxides, in and of themselves are HIGHLY toxic to cellular survival.  Someone else on this thread mentioned the combination of acetone and epoxy . . . he's right.  Acetone or most any organic solvent should be expected to make nature's body armour (your skin) much more permeable to these other dangerous chemicals, thus multiplying the harmful effects.

So guys, please be careful and when the boss says that you need to suit up, wear gloves, googles, a respirator, he's not doing it for his health, he's doing it for yours.

oldsurferwanabe (rolf)

I will print and post your writtings in our shop. Very good advice!

Howzit Otis, Still haven't gotten around to even trying the soaking thing. I have more health issues to worry about before I even get a chance to do it. I also don't get the metalic taste in my mouth anymore which was a major indicator that there was quite a bit of radiation in my body. I have talked to some other medical pros and they told me I had nothing to lose trying the soaks, down the line when things are better healthwise. Aloha,Kokua