More Classic Nomad Surfboards

i’m going to call Heavysides tomorrow and get the low down on the Logo!

i kind of remember him drawing it up…but?

When i check back i hope to have an answer!

this topic really brings back some great  memories!

Ok i finally did talk with Heavysides…and Cleanlines you have a great memory!!!

it was on your trip in 1970 Ron went up to he thinks  San Clemente, to a print shop and he…" paid Ogden a hundred bucks for this logo" and Ogden gave him 2 original Art calenders that he used to have hung on his wall at his house in Ocean Ridge!

Cleanlines…does the name Carmine ring a bell???

i have pics of two boards that Sid shaped for me while he did underground work at Sunset Surfboards…one he made brown and dark yellow as he used up wasted cups of pigment and the other he just did clear…he even put a Sunset Label on it to appease ED!!!

2 of the best riding boards i ever had 2 i might add!!!

i have a story about a Nomad Spear that i should publish on Swaylocks to sea if any one remembers it too!! i only rode it at Swamii’s a couple of times as the wave there is too mushy for what it was desinged for!

I sold those Nomads to a local collector. I just saw them last week hanging in his little soul surf shop. I would love to find Sid Madden. Ron Heavysides isI pretty reclusive. I will try to get a picture of the nomad spear. It is truly a beautiful shape.  

The name “carmine” rings a faint distant bell.

Lets sea if this works?

a picture of my40+ year old Nomad Spear!

Amazing condition for its age, and a beautiful board!! Looks like a real rocket.

Would love some information regarding my Nomad, think it’s early 70’s similar shape / volume to yellow one shown on earlier post and same red as ugly red  one

Probably early 70’s. Single fin? Leash plug added later. Great condition

That Board looks pretty clean.   Wings gained  a lot of popularity around 1974.  The plug also puts it around that time. clean. 

Thanks for the info. Yes it’s a single fin same shape and design as yellow Nomad but red in centre. Also the logo is the same. The leash plug got installed in 1993 by Bert’s surf shop Wrightsville Beach near Wilmington North Carolina. I used it a couple of times in NC then I brought back to UK. 

the Briny Breezes Nomad shop was (for me) somewhat of an icon…

being raised in Ft laud as a young teen driving up and down the palm beach area the Nomad shop at Briny Breezes was like an old friend of sorts or something…

things seems different when you are 14 yrs old driving around with your older brother and his crew.

enjoyed reading this thead, brought back a lot of good memories