My 1st balsa compsand

that board makes me want to build one too

it looks so nice and its screaming ride me

do u have any more pictures?

heya moonfish

yep i did 4 with concave decks

they feel good but if your doing this as a hobbly

you end up with a few boards lying around after a year or two

so im trying to keep them looking as normal as possible so i can flog them off to finance the next one

ive only just started dabbling with rocker and have kept flat bottoms and same rocker for many boards

that way i can see the ride difference from flex and fin setups

flex seems to be the biggest thing on board performance

you can have same board one stiff and one overly flexy and one perfect

the one with the perfect flex can have everything else wrong and still go insane

overly flexy one can be dialed for certain conditions

but the overly stiff one may as well be droped in the nearest skip

or in my case sold to begginers for a hundy

probox seems like a good system for quads and twinnies

quads are so fickle they can change heaps just by changing finsetups

so i would recomend this system if your playing with quads or twins

easier then pissing around with all those jigs with fcs and its a good strong box if a little heavy

fits fcs as well

which is the one thing against 4wfs imo

i put them in a groms board and hes testing the board but hasnt really played with the adjustablity yet

if it was mine id be playing everysurf

but i guess a thrusters is a thruster is a thruster

btw you board looks better then my latest i reckon

i didnt pull enough vac for stupidity and have and uneven glue line and lumps in my rail

spewing cuz its for someone else

may have to do it again

Thanks for the compliment skiny,

I haven’t got any new ones yet but hopefully tomorrow i’ll be able to post the next update, i was gonna try to do the leggie plug tonight and maybe the vent… and i so cant wait to ride it!

Seeya

Hmm your quite right, i was gonna sell this one after i surfed it a few times to finance a couple more.

I think im gonna do a flat bottoms on my next one’s cos it is way crazy trying to put an even concave through a board when you know F@#K all about how to shape in the first place. Just keep it simple for now, to easy to end up taking more off trying to even it all out.

Thats also a good idea with the rockers and flex, i guess you would be getting a good feel for the differences in those variables, i always thought how the hell are you supposed to tell what feels like what when it is hard to isolate the different variables and say “well this feels like this because…” cos i really am not sure untill like you say you actually feel them out by trying each one so to speak different boards.

Did that make sense?..

Here’s another question for you…

I take it you bag your skins separately, then put them on with the laminated side facing out, after you have attached the skins but b4 you do the lam to tie it alltogether do you sand or scourer the skin to get good bond between the outer lam and skin lam?

hope that made sense.

I have these perceptions with flex and boards i will explain sometime, dont want to put you to sleep just yet with my ramblings… :slight_smile:

Cheers

Moonfish

It is almost done now, i have put in the fins etc and leash plug, sanded the board down, i really wanted to take it out this weekend so thought i would do the clear coat next week so i can surf it.

Ok so i took it out and it went way good, paddles into ways very easily and still seems to turn well, only prob was onthe suckier dropins where the nose would bury and be my undoing. But considering the low rocker that is ok. overall im stoke with it be back out on it in the mornin.

Will still post it when i have put in the vent and applied the clear coat.

Seeya’s

That is one sexy board what oz glass did you use?

Thanks willydtb,

Its 4oz all round, it was all i had, gonna try 2oz next time though. Still only weighs 6 pounds so im stoked.

cheers