my new old Wardy

ya, thought I hit the lotto when I got my wetsuit vest from Jack at his Great Highway location…doubled my winter sessions from 20 mins to 40 min before the absolutely numb, teeth chatterring rush back to the fire…

now during winter wear a 5.5/3.5 Xcel Comp X that is so flexibly comfortable and warm I can surf until too tired, not too cold…

as much as I loved and miss ‘them back then’ days, some things have certainly improved…

Our little crew had a contest going on to see who could get thru the winter without a wetsuit on the Central Coast.  I lost that one at Devereaux one December morning.

finally got some time with the board… filled in the fin damage, redid some poorly executed repairs, good to go…cannot handle this board without a goofy grin appearing, just tickles the crap out of me to have this old warrior in the racks…and handling this 30# board reminds me why we were all so friggin strong as kids…at 14, had to carry mine a half mile from storage to beach…when I couldn’t snag a Safeway cart…lol

Fin looks great.  Is that the drift boat you reworked awhile back?

ya, my 84’ Clackaraft Power Magnum…great boat for trolling at the mouth, stand up fly casting in town at the bridge or downstream…recently rebuilt another boat, a Sterling Sportcat…decided I liked my Clack better, so flipped it

BTW, fixed the fin using a method you described some years back on a fin thread…fin rope for the fill, after shaping lock it in with 4 oz cloth…thnx for the tip

I needed some roving awhile back and remembered Jim Allen had a whole roll.  He was nice enough to give me a piece.  Yeah I had a Yater fly off the roof of my old Econoline once.  In a board bag, so the only thing damaged was the bead on a “Rising Sun”  skeg.  I was able to repair it with strands of roving and 4 oz.