Natural Design Surfboards San Clemente CA

How would anybody be able to tell if it was a Jack Meyer airbrush job? He didn’t sign any of his work, did he? I always thought he did airbrushing along the lines of pictures/seascapes/etc. Somebody more knowledgable than me please chime in.

Thanks for the reply guys! I just mentioned Jack Meyer because of one of post above but I’ve seen a lot of Jack’s art on boards and he did sign it. I had a vintage OP single fin with his iconic airbrush and he signed his name. I guess everything will remain a mystery for now.

Boards look beautiful, wanted to add on my sting to the thread and see if anyone knew possibly around what year it was shaped. 

Thanks,

Thomas 

Ben Aipa came up with the Sting in 1974. Yours looks like it fits that time frame as it has a long finbox and no leash plug. I’d say 1974-75.  Plugs were in use by late 1972 but it took a while for them to become a factory standard item. Does it have a step bottom? Hard to tell from the pics.

Hey Sammy thanks for the information. It does, the dark blue line across the bottom is the step. Signature on the board is Zoobadee, have not been able to find much on him. 

Zoobadee is James Lau, a Hawaiian shaper whose boards were ridden by guys like Buttons K and Mark Liddell when they were young. He taught Liddell how to glass boards.

He shaped for Town and Country, and probably some other Hawaiian labels.