Need some help

I am involved in a charitable organization called “Christopher’s Cure” which was established to raise funds that go directly toward research of rare childhood tumors. Christopher is the son of one of my dear friends who at the age of 3 was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer known as kaposiform hemangioendothelioma. It is an aggressive, malignant tumor that destroys bone and tissue. While there is no known cure, experimental treatments have been positive and Christopher himself has undergone several aggressive chemo treatments to contain the cancer to his right leg.

Christopher’s Cure is sponsoring a golf outing and silent auction on Oct. 7, 2005. ALL proceeds will go to Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia toward research for this rare childhood cancer. I am looking for one new surfboard - long, short or anywhere in between - to put up for auction. My request is simple. Anyone out there have a new board to donate to this cause.

I’ll pay for shipping etc. The donation is, of course, tax deductible and you will receive a letter from Childrens Hospital attesting to such.

Thank you all for your kind considerations.

Hey guys, this is from my friend Nate. I’d send him one of mine, but don’t want to scare the kids with a board that looks like a gorilla (me) hacked it out with a chainsaw.

I know someone on here has a sweet looking board that could go to this cause…something you picked up because the lines were so clean, even though you knew it was too small…something you bought in the islands just before you left, even though you knew it wouldn’t work back home…

Its a good cause. Please help out if you can.

Ben

Quote:

Christopher’s Cure is sponsoring a golf outing and silent auction on Oct. 7, 2005. ALL proceeds will go to Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia toward research for this rare childhood cancer. I am looking for one new surfboard - long, short or anywhere in between - to put up for auction.

Will the auction be held at CHOP? As I’m near Philadelphia and have two degrees from a Philadelphia university I’m always looking to support local efforts that help kids and folks put into hardship for whatever reason. And what’s the time frame on getting the new board?

No, not at CHOP, Gunk. The auction is held at a dinner following the golf outing at Inniscrone Golf Course in Avondale, PA. It will be Friday, October 7, 2005. The dinner/silent auction will be at 6:00 p.m. I’d like to get the new board a few days prior to the event. I know it’s not much time, but any help anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Benny for your kind words.

grnrm,

Check your messages and message me back. Don’t email me until I get your email address into my non-SPAM list.

Sorry Gunk - I e-mailed you w/o first reading the last part of your post. I’ll try this the right way.